Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. I just changed the oil and filter and now there is this weird thing going on with the oil light. After starting the bike, the oil light is not on but as soon as I ride it comes on. The light goes away after like a like a min. Does anyone know why it does this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just a quick question. I just changed the oil and filter and now there is this weird thing going on with the oil light. After starting the bike, the oil light is not on but as soon as I ride it comes on. The light goes away after like a like a min. Does anyone know why it does this? Thanks
Your oil will be slightly low. I’ve had that before. It’s only an issue if it stays on, I’d say. Give it a recheck (when up to temperature) and see if there’s any scope to top it up slightly. Just don’t overfill it.

Cheers,

Ben

Reactions: cirocboyz

·
Registered
655 Posts
You do know not to screw the dipstick in when checking the oil level? Just saying.....🤔

·
Registered
7 Posts
My SCR does the same thing. The oil light will come on only when the bike is cold and it's only on for about 3-4 minutes or until the bike warms up enough. I've checked the oil level (warmed up of course) and it's 100%. Once I see the oil light comes on, I'll turn my bike off at a stop sign / red light right around the corner from my place and the light usually does not come back on, but that could also be because it's warmed up enough by the time the light changes..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My SCR does the same thing. The oil light will come on only when the bike is cold and it's only on for about 3-4 minutes or until the bike warms up enough. I've checked the oil level (warmed up of course) and it's 100%. Once I see the oil light comes on, I'll turn my bike off at a stop sign / red light right around the corner from my place and the light usually does not come back on, but that could also be because it's warmed up enough by the time the light changes..
Yea I checked the oil too and it looks fine. I do the same thing where I would just stop bike and just let the light disappear in about a minute lol. The light just bothers me. Maybe its an issue with the wiring for the sensor? Idk.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It seems like it’s especially sensitive, for whatever reason. If it’s not because your level is low, then I think it’s just until the oil pressure builds to a sufficient level, as the engine warms up. It’s been discussed a number of times over on the Bolt forum. For example:

If you ever get a Koso meter, the oil light on that illuminates even more readily - you’ll really notice it then! Like you say though, if you know your oil level is correct, just continue, and it’ll soon extinguish (y)

Ben

Reactions: Blaze950
1 - 6 of 6 Posts