Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So off I went Sunday with the local group for a ride out to Chichester Marina for breakfast, and things were really excellent, great route, warm weather, until a roundabout at the back of Goodwood...
Crap surface and an oil slick, lost the rear wheel and crunch... luckily the traffic was spaced , and there was lots of help at hand.
I was bruised and scraped, but functional , but glad for the helmet laws when I saw the scratches on my visor.
Bike had right hand side cosmetic damage, and was functional once I bent the rear brake lever back into position , the bars were twisted slightly, and the indicator had put a dent in the tank, but was intact except for a hole in the lense. The crash bar had been bent in 3" so the front of the air cleaner was scuffed. The smaller of the heat sheilds, and the zorst end cap had some impressive gouges in them .

We carried on ,but had missed breakfast so had the lunch menu, with a first aid kit on the table, always have nurse amongst the group on your ride out!

I am going to repair OEM so if anyone in the UK has done some customising, and wants to sell OEM bits please let me know

John the Weeble

·
Registered
821 Posts
So off I went Sunday with the local group for a ride out to Chichester Marina for breakfast, and things were really excellent, great route, warm weather, until a roundabout at the back of Goodwood...
Crap surface and an oil slick, lost the rear wheel and crunch... luckily the traffic was spaced , and there was lots of help at hand.
I was bruised and scraped, but functional , but glad for the helmet laws when I saw the scratches on my visor.
Bike had right hand side cosmetic damage, and was functional once I bent the rear brake lever back into position , the bars were twisted slightly, and the indicator had put a dent in the tank, but was intact except for a hole in the lense. The crash bar had been bent in 3" so the front of the air cleaner was scuffed. The smaller of the heat sheilds, and the zorst end cap had some impressive gouges in them .

We carried on ,but had missed breakfast so had the lunch menu, with a first aid kit on the table, always have nurse amongst the group on your ride out!

I am going to repair OEM so if anyone in the UK has done some customising, and wants to sell OEM bits please let me know

John the Weeble
I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune but happy to hear that you walked away. Good luck with your recovery and maybe it's time to do a little customization yourself?! Jevers

·
Registered
74 Posts

John the Weeble
I'm glad that you are relatively ok, considering the circumstances. Sorry for your misfortune. The crash bar probably did it's job and prevented even more damage.

The SCR will wear it's scars proudly and live on for more (safer) adventures.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

John the Weeble
Sorry to hear about your spill. So glad you weren’t hurt bad. It sounds like the bike can be sorted out easily enough once you gather the necessary bits. Too bad about the dented tank, but it opens the door for some custom work like Jay mentioned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about your spill. So glad you weren’t hurt bad. It sounds like the bike can be sorted out easily enough once you gather the necessary bits. Too bad about the dented tank, but it opens the door for some custom work like Jay mentioned.
Thanks all for your good wishes, the first bike in twenty years and I was kinda hoping to keep it pristine, never mind time for matt black paint and inventiveness!

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
85 Posts

John the Weeble
So sorry you took a spill but I'm glad you're ok!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just seen this.... glad to hear you're essentially ok - the bike's only metal & plastic and can be repaired to as-new. Are you planning to use insurance to do so?
Was thinking a meet at Boxhill would be good sometime before the summer's out?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just seen this.... glad to hear you're essentially ok - the bike's only metal & plastic and can be repaired to as-new. Are you planning to use insurance to do so?
Was thinking a meet at Boxhill would be good sometime before the summer's out?
£800 excess, if going for full rebuild maybe, but no, do the essentials, basically handle bars and indicator , and keep the premium down , plus customisation and inventiveness!🤣
Re Box Hill give me some dates and I will be there , BMW or SCR, depending on progress....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts