Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just chillin' after 80 mile Sunday cruise, Crawley , West Sussex to South Downs, Arundel, Whiteways Cafe, then on to North Downs , BoxHill, Ryka's, then back home.
Doesn't look as cool as Old Smithy, shame you are out of easy range cos then it could be 4 SCR's, and the thousand collective gods would catch their collective breath!
Still haven't seen another SCR down here......little johnny no mates...Sob!

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Just chillin' after 80 mile Sunday cruise, Crawley , West Sussex to South Downs, Arundel, Whiteways Cafe, then on to North Downs , BoxHill, Ryka's, then back home.
Doesn't look as cool as Old Smithy, shame you are out of easy range cos then it could be 4 SCR's, and the thousand collective gods would catch their collective breath!
Still haven't seen another SCR down here......little johnny no mates...Sob!
As much as I like SCRs, I’d have that Jota in a breath. There was one at Squires last week - my God, that made a noise…….:love:

Yeah, it would be a long way for you……shame, pretty sure 4 might be a world record……:ROFLMAO: ?

Ben

·
Registered
140 Posts
you must have enjoyed having a bike that no one else turned up on.
remember when I rode a 1200gs and a wag said " Oh you've brought a clit bike".... I asked what a clit bike was and was told "every c#&ts got one"
sounds a great way to spend a Sunday.... I've been to work

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
remember when I rode a 1200gs and a wag said " Oh you've brought a clit bike".... I asked what a clit bike was and was told "every c#&ts got one"
That entire joke, I imagine, will leave our US brethren completely dumb-founded!! :ROFLMAO:

Tis true, tho…..

Ben

·
Registered
140 Posts
As much as I like SCRs, I’d have that Jota in a breath. There was one at Squires last week - my God, that made a noise…….:love:

Yeah, it would be a long way for you……shame, pretty sure 4 might be a world record……:ROFLMAO: ?

Ben
Jota... noun Spanish folk dance performed in triple time...
Wolves had a player named jota who scored a hatrick (3 goals/triple ).
nice having a bike that is not on every corner, no problem finding SCR Ben for the big SCR meet .

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
nice having a bike that is not on every corner, no problem finding SCR Ben for the big SCR meet .
Unless I go on the Harley (seen here at the aforementioned Matlock Bath, along with the also-aforementioned Tracer, just a few weeks ago…… :) )

Having said that, that would make an “SCR Meet” pretty pointless…….:ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Have pm'd phone number in case we struggle to find SCR owners (expecting big turn out)
41 Z900rs at super sausage meet last week (it rained)
Mines a jaffa with black lid on mirror.
I’ve not received it mate, but I’ve just PM’ed you mine…..I’ll show you how to PM in person!! :ROFLMAO:

There was 7 or 8 Jaffas at Squires in a row last week too…..same day as the Jota was there. Wonder if it was the same Yorkshire contingent outward or homeward bound…..?? (Didn’t get a picture tho…..)

Ben

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, you are right... I used to dream of having a Rocket III, could of about afforded a mark1 , but today I saw 5 - expensive clit bike.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just looking through the posts. I agree with all that's been said..... It's good to have a build that is so rare. I used to own a B M W GS. Brilliant bike but every ride around Scotland was like waving at cousins.
Quick question .... Where did you get the crash bars ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looking through the posts. I agree with all that's been said..... It's good to have a build that is so rare. I used to own a B M W GS. Brilliant bike but every ride around Scotland was like waving at cousins.
Quick question .... Where did you get the crash bars ?
Hi Dave
They are Fehling crash bars model 7560, I got them via E-bay from a German company called motosport-knorr, I had a quick look but they are not advertising them now.
I went there so I could get the bars, pannier guards and rear grab /luggage rack all together, took about 10 days to arrive from Germany.
Bikemart.co.uk stock the bars , £134.95, which is about what I paid, but not sure if/what postage is, or Louis-moto.co.uk have them for £119.00.
Fairly easy to fit, but I had to drill out one of the mounting holes on the extension that Fehling provide for mounting the horn .

hope that helps...

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Hi Dave
They are Fehling crash bars model 7560, I got them via E-bay from a German company called motosport-knorr, I had a quick look but they are not advertising them now.
I went there so I could get the bars, pannier guards and rear grab /luggage rack all together, took about 10 days to arrive from Germany.
Bikemart.co.uk stock the bars , £134.95, which is about what I paid, but not sure if/what postage is, or Louis-moto.co.uk have them for £119.00.
Fairly easy to fit, but I had to drill out one of the mounting holes on the extension that Fehling provide for mounting the horn .

hope that helps...
You can order direct from Fehling:

That’s what I did for my luggage rack and pannier mounts.

Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.