1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tail & brake light

Just purchased the bike a couple months ago and working on a couple minor modifications. So far, so good on the Corbin. It's not super soft, but the shape is much more conducive to longer rides. I was surprised from ordering to receiving was about 2 weeks.

I didn't love the price of any bags systems, so I used the adventure mounts and custom fit a Pelican 1450 case to it. Used a rigid molle panel on the other side with quick & easy fabricated 16 gauge plate metal bracket.

Also not a huge fan of the # plates, but didn't care for the exposed ECU, etc., so I made a little plastic cover that seemed to do the trick.

Of course the Vance & Hines and Cobra airbox + Ivan's. Added the Rizoma mirrors, but previous owner did the fender eliminator stuff, which I quite liked.

Next will be the Koso, and maybe a Motodemic light? Maybe some suspension upgrades down the line, but then again, I sold my sport bike for a reason...

Would love to see what others have done for bags. OEM and most aftermarket saddlebags are so expensive!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like the setup!! Good work with the pelican case, that’s a fair idea… are you worried about scraping that plate?
It's a really good question. The pegs actually scrape just a bit before the plate does. The way I ride this bike, I don't scrape too often. I actually don't trust the suspension or the knobby tires much beyond the limits imposed by the peg feelers anyway. I thought about a longer suspension to decrease the trail and increase the suspension travel, and ride heighth, but the more I think about it, if I really want a bike I can flog through the corners, I probably need to get something a little sportier. I had an FZ8 which I sold last year, primarily because I wanted something a little more laid back. I do miss it, though, that bike was a beast in the corners, and the acceleration was amazing. I wish I had a big enough paycheck and garage to keep a few more bikes in the stable! But as far as all around fun, it's really hard to beat the SCR! Just a great, all around bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts