Hey everyone! New SCR owner and member here...
Does anyone else have a number of inaccuracies between their bike and the information in the owners manual? There are enough of them that I'm now worrying about whether any technical info in it is correct.
Here's a list of what I've noticed so far:
1. The keys don't look like what's shown in the manual and I don't think mine are chipped for an immobilizer.
2. I don't have a warning light for an immobilizer.
3. The ignition switch on my bike is a simple on/off switch instead of having a parking position like in the manual.
4. In addition to not having an immobilizer warning light, I don't have an ABS light.
5. Because... I don't have ABS, which is normal from what I understand, but the manual goes on quite a bit about the ABS system and even shows the sensors on the wheels which I clearly don't have.
6. The manual shows a switch for hazard lights - I don't have that.
7. The "Select" switch for the display looks different than the illustration in the manual.
8. The manual shows an auxiliary light in the headlamp that I don't have (could just be a European thing)
I obviously bought the bike used (5 years old as of this writing) but as far as I can tell, the bike is completely stock other than newer tires. I don't have the paper manual, I downloaded this one from a manuals site but I've downloaded a couple from a few sites and they show the same thing. Am I only finding a Japanese or European manual version?