Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I've recently entered into world of the scr..... Loving it ! Been wondering about mods to the bike. I've already got the Akra pipe on ( came with the bike ) and I'm thinking about a high flow air filter. Would I need to get a reflash done to run both things ? I

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi All
I've recently entered into world of the scr..... Loving it ! Been wondering about mods to the bike. I've already got the Akra pipe on ( came with the bike ) and I'm thinking about a high flow air filter. Would I need to get a reflash done to run both things ? I
Yes, mate - generally, one or the other is Ok, but both will require fuelling mods (either a reflash or piggyback fueller).

Welcome - whereabouts are you?

Ben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, mate - generally, one or the other is Ok, but both will require fuelling mods (either a reflash or piggyback fueller).

Welcome - whereabouts are you?

Ben
I'm in North East England. Just on the edge of the pennines with some fab roads and mountains. Don't tell everyone though, they'll all want to come ....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm in North East England. Just on the edge of the pennines with some fab roads and mountains. Don't tell everyone though, they'll all want to come ....
I’ve no doubt probably already been.....in Wakefield, myself.

Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

Dave,

I have the Akra as well and a Cobra Intake, Havent gotten the re-flash done just yet but I recently swapped out the handle bars and it made a huge difference from stock went with a Renthal Low bar and it is a much more comfortable ride, all depends on your preference though. Been wanting to get Ivans done but just dont want to give it up for the weeks it will take to send out and get back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You won't regret getting a reflash done! (unless you are concerned about a warranty) I have the Vance and Hines comp series slip in and the kuryakyn velociraptor intake. I went with Ivan's reflash and I could not be happier with the results. Throttle response is so much smoother, I have power all throughout the rev range. Gained about 20hp overall..

·
Registered
677 Posts
You won't regret getting a reflash done! (unless you are concerned about a warranty) I have the Vance and Hines comp series slip in and the kuryakyn velociraptor intake. I went with Ivan's reflash and I could not be happier with the results. Throttle response is so much smoother, I have power all throughout the rev range. Gained about 20hp overall..
Amen to what Blaze950 said. I was on the fence for a looooong time before I finally got Ivan's reflash. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Besides, I think you are taking a chance of running your engine too lean by changing out BOTH your intake and exhaust without addressing your fuel/air ratio. Like our brother Schu says, do it, DO IT!!!!!!! Jevers

·
Registered
677 Posts
Dave,

I have the Akra as well and a Cobra Intake, Havent gotten the re-flash done just yet but I recently swapped out the handle bars and it made a huge difference from stock went with a Renthal Low bar and it is a much more comfortable ride, all depends on your preference though. Been wanting to get Ivans done but just dont want to give it up for the weeks it will take to send out and get back.
Also, call Ivan and ask him if he can do a quick turnaround for the reflash. I happened upon a not so busy time and it was less than a week. Jevers

·
Registered
101 Posts

20 HP gain? Really? Did you run it on a Dyno or is it a seat of the pants thing?

If it's 20 HP I may be interested!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
20 HP gain? Really? Did you run it on a Dyno or is it a seat of the pants thing?

If it's 20 HP I may be interested!
I'm pretty sure Blaze950 will tell you that was a seat of the pants evaluation, but I can tell you that I can't recall anyone who regretted the money spent on Ivan's reflash. You just can't explain the day and night difference from before and after. There is nothing you can get for your SCR that will produce an equivalent overall improvement within the same price as Ivan's reflash. It improves the overall characteristics of the bike, not just power and performance.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm pretty sure Blaze950 will tell you that was a seat of the pants evaluation, but I can tell you that I can't recall anyone who regretted the money spent on Ivan's reflash. You just can't explain the day and night difference from before and after. There is nothing you can get for your SCR that will produce an equivalent overall improvement within the same price as Ivan's reflash. It improves the overall characteristics of the bike, not just power and performance.
The 20 hp increase was Ivan's estimate based on the intake and exhaust mods that were similar to his test mule ( a 2014 Bolt). I believe the numbers were an increase from 47 hp stock to 68 after mods. I wouldn't mind putting my SCR on a dynamic. If/when I do, I will post the results. Jevers

·
Registered
677 Posts
The 20 hp increase was Ivan's estimate based on the intake and exhaust mods that were similar to his test mule ( a 2014 Bolt). I believe the numbers were an increase from 47 hp stock to 68 after mods. I wouldn't mind putting my SCR on a dynamic. If/when I do, I will post the results. Jevers
Damn spell check!🤨 DYNO, not dynamic!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Huh, that's alot of gain. I will do some Bolt site investigating!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey I'm almost 60 and feel like I'm 80 when my alarm sends me to work!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That's funny, I'm 56, but I don't feel a day past 90!😜 Thank God I have motorcycles 🏍 to keep me young!!
I'm 62 and I have an appointment tomorrow with an orthopedic doctor due to what I believe to be arthritis in my RIGHT KNEE! I have a barn full of 2-stroke bikes that have to be kick started.... I'm gonna have to learn the left leg technique while standing alongside the bike. Not an easy task with the big bore bikes that occasionally like to kickback. o_O

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm 62 and I have an appointment tomorrow with an orthopedic doctor due to what I believe to be arthritis in my RIGHT KNEE! I have a barn full of 2-stroke bikes that have to be kick started.... I'm gonna have to learn the left leg technique while standing alongside the bike. Not an easy task with the big bore bikes that occasionally like to kickback. o_O
Good luck with your appointment. I could take a few of those higher compression bikes off your hands, you know, just to help alleviate your knee pain 😉!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Good luck with your appointment. I could take a few of those higher compression bikes off your hands, you know, just to help alleviate your knee pain 😉!
I'll keep you in mind if I ever decide to sell Old Yeller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts