Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a spill last year and finally got the parts to replace everything. I know alot of times the shift lever can be bent back into place but this is the third time I've done that and it is pretty mangled!

Has anybody else tried to do this? I can't seem to get the screw that goes through to the footpeg off.

Blue Bicycle part Electric blue Gas Nut

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Took a spill last year and finally got the parts to replace everything. I know alot of times the shift lever can be bent back into place but this is the third time I've done that and it is pretty mangled!

Has anybody else tried to do this? I can't seem to get the screw that goes through to the footpeg off.

View attachment 18456
SCRBen will be along soon. He has been down that road before.
Tire Automotive tire Tripod Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
SCRBen will be along soon. He has been down that road before.
My God…..you have a memory like an elephant…..:ROFLMAO:

If you are wanting to remove the footpeg itself first, isn’t there a split/cotter pin in the underside, that you’ll need to remove? Once done, the larger pin actually holding the footrest on should come out the top??

I cant recall how I actually got my shift level off, TBH, but I don’t think it was too taxing.

Ben

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My God…..you have a memory like an elephant…..:ROFLMAO:

If you are wanting to remove the footpeg itself first, isn’t there a split/cotter pin in the underside, that you’ll need to remove? Once done, the larger pin actually holding the footrest on should come out the top??

I cant recall how I actually got my shift level off, TBH, but I don’t think it was too taxing.

Ben
It seems like the large allen head screw behind it goes into the shackle the footpeg is on. Shouldn't have to remove the cotter pin. I can't get any play on the screw head nor the footpeg though with wumbo sized wrenches and a breaker bar.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
It seems like the large allen head screw behind it goes into the shackle the footpeg is on. Shouldn't have to remove the cotter pin. I can't get any play on the screw head nor the footpeg though with wumbo sized wrenches and a breaker bar.
Yeah, I’ve just been out the garage to look - I must’ve removed the large chrome dome-headed bolt in this location …..

Blue Gas Electric blue Auto part Bicycle part

to get the entire footpeg, and then the gear lever, off (presumably what you are saying).

To give yourself some more room, I think I might also have taken off the belt cover to get access to the bolt in question.

Dont forgot the bolt lower down on the gear lever too, directly under the footpeg.

You’ll figure it.

Ben

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Make sure you are turning the right way. I often get it wrong when the screw head is facing away from me. :geek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.