Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He basically confirms our thoughts, the SCR950 isn't really made for off roading but it shines on the paved roads.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sand getting caught in between the belt and the pulley is what was a concern for the belt drive. But again, I wouldn't really be using it in those conditions so I'm okay with that. I'm sure there should be a cover for the belt area though ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Maybe there'll be an aftermarket cover. Belt drive is great for longevity and reliability but I didn't think rocks and debris would get caught there so easily.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Me neither. But someone should come out with something eventually. Do you plan on hitting some real rugged areas like that though ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
No, but it is worrying for the lest than pristine roads wit loose rock. 550lbs wet is heavier than what I would like and why wouldn't Yamaha use a great cluster like the one from the XSR 900.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We might have to start looking at what other nations have going on since for example guys in Thailand might be working on a cover or have ideas of what can be applied here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts