Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

rough ride

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Krixtoph 
#1 ·
hello, i am a new owner of the 950 with only 85 miles on my bike, i have got to say that this is the roughest riding bike i have ever had. the front forks are terrible, i cannot hold on to the handlebars when i hit a bump. is there something i'm missing about how to fix this? the shocks are ok considering the amount of clearance, i can deal with them. i'm begining to think i need to check and see if the dealer either put too much oil in them or none at all. is this common to this bike? overall, i love the look of the bike and the motor is great, but it is very difficult to ride. any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear your riding experience is a little bumpy. The first thing I would do is check to make sure both of your rear adjustable shocks are on the same setting: Having one shock on setting 2 and the other on setting 3, for example, will make your riding very bumpy. Once you've confirmed they're at the same tension try out each setting to see which feels better. I had to experiment with these settings when I first got my SCR until I found what worked for me.

Aside from that make sure you'r front and rear tire pressure is at 41 psi. Low pressure, or high pressure for that matter, will affect how your ride feels.

Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.