Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh what a very sad day in the Jevers household, or should I say the garagehold. I FINALLY sold my sidecar rig after posting it for over 8 months. Oh well, with that gone, I have LOTS of room for a couple more bikes!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Does this new found room have a potential filler(fillers) already up for consideration? =)
As soon as I read your question eddie I swear I could smell vintage 2-stroke exhaust in the air.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this new found room have a potential filler(fillers) already up for consideration? =)
As soon as I read your question eddie I swear I could smell vintage 2-stroke exhaust in the air.
Schu, YOU are the DEVIL!👹 Ok, I'll bite. How much are you asking for that nicely restored DT400?! If I bought that, I wouldn't have to repaint my SCR.
And Eddie, no, surprisingly enough I have not been scouring craigslist for another bike. I have been down sizing the past few months. Never say never I guess. I will keep you posted if something catches my eye, tho.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry Jay.
None of mine are for sale....yet.
I've already searched Craigslist MN and there is only one basket case DT400.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Funny you should say that! I was just looking at an ad from a local dealer doing pre ordering. I don't know if I have enough money between the two to cover the cost. These modern day Triumphs are EXPENSIVE! VERY cool bike, tho.
Then allow me to be the solution to your problem (to paraphrase Michael Douglas in Black Rain)......

The new Speed Twin was unveiled a few weeks ago, and price is revealed next week, but expected to undercut the new base Scrambler by a bag of sand (at least), and has the full fat Thruxton engine in it (100bhp, near enough). Probably a better choice for road riders.

Very nice!! Looks like the successor to the Triumph Thunderbird Sport I had 5 years ago (but a twin, obviously).
Ben

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Speed Twin is definitely a Schwing for me (maybe not so much a sploosh......not yet, anyway! /forum/images/SCR950Forum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png)
Ben
Amen, brother, AMEN! I think I will save the SPLOOSH for the wife. If I win the lottery, I would buy both the Scrambler XE and the Speed Twin. They're both very sexy beyotches!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.