Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the SCR have the same gearing etc as a bolt ?
I would suspect the SCR's rear tire is much larger dia than the bolt's. If the same gearing was used it would be super tall.
Like in the old days Kawi concourse had 17" rear tires, that same motor went in a Eliminator 1000 which had 15's. You swap the motor from a concourse into an eli (and I had one of those) it would be spinning like mad at any speed.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Does the SCR have the same gearing etc as a bolt ?
I would suspect the SCR's rear tire is much larger dia than the bolt's. If the same gearing was used it would be super tall.
Like in the old days Kawi concourse had 17" rear tires, that same motor went in a Eliminator 1000 which had 15's. You swap the motor from a concourse into an eli (and I had one of those) it would be spinning like mad at any speed.
All the SCR950 internal gears have the same # of teeth as their Bolt 950 counterparts. The front and rear belt pulleys are both the same, too.
A side by side glance at the two bikes have the rear tires really close in circumference, if not the same. I didn't quite get the two bikes to the same scale, but you can see the distance from the tire to certain frame and suspension parts enough to judge for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yeah, I’ve not read anything anywhere suggesting anything was changed internally.
Ben

1 - 3 of 3 Posts