Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried to get a SCR owners group get together?

I belonged to the COG (Kawasaki Concours owners group) and we had a summer ride to a mid-point location to a area kinda centralized in the US for a fun weekend.

Fun event with good people and lots of Connies in the parking lot.

Has this been attempted????

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to get a SCR owners group get together?

I belonged to the COG (Kawasaki Concours owners group) and we had a summer ride to a mid-point location to a area kinda centralized in the US for a fun weekend.

Fun event with good people and lots of Connies in the parking lot.

Has this been attempted????

:cool::cool::cool:
The U.K. SCR Owners Group got together this last March.....attached pic shows the extent of the U.K. branch........:grin2::grin2:

Me and @franksy

Ben

Reactions: yoitsemo

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow........Anyone have a idea how many SCR's are out there? How many members do we have in the forum?

Seems like if you could get 10% to turn out that would be a good event.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow........Anyone have a idea how many SCR's are out there? How many members do we have in the forum?

Seems like if you could get 10% to turn out that would be a good event.
IIRC there were 500 bikes made for the Americas and the facebook group has 600 members worldwide.

Honestly my rough guess would be 200 or less in North America.

I'm just north of Central Florida and know there has to be at least a few other riders nearby.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny I have never seen another SCR here in SW Washington. I'd think there would be a few on the forum from nearby areas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m in the panhandle of Idaho and would definitely consider a meet up with my SCR anywhere in the Pacific Northwest. Any further than that and I would just rent a bike from Eagleriders.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we need a map where we can all drop a pin to see approx. where everyone is from. Maybe then we could find a central area to meet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think we need a map where we can all drop a pin to see approx. where everyone is from. Maybe then we could find a central area to meet.
Sure, knock yourselves out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VlqIaAzPucbd7p9by7FkNPkq1t4ZjvkI&usp=sharing

HOW TO DROP YOUR PIN:
1. open link
2. sign into google, if necessary
3. click "EDIT" (upper left)
4. type your home city in the search bar (top)
5. click "Add to map" to drop your pin
6. click the pencil to name your pin or edit any other details
7. click "Save"
8. whine like a baby at @jobirobi that the process isn't simpler even though he has no control over this and he gave you this nice how-to

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sure, knock yourselves out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VlqIaAzPucbd7p9by7FkNPkq1t4ZjvkI&usp=sharing

HOW TO DROP YOUR PIN:
1. open link
2. sign into google, if necessary
3. click "EDIT" (upper left)
4. type your home city in the search bar (top)
5. click "Add to map" to drop your pin
6. click the pencil to name your pin or edit any other details
7. click "Save"
8. whine like a baby at @jobirobi that the process isn't simpler even though he has no control over this and he gave you this nice how-to
Well done!
Even I could figure it out.
Except I don't know how you guys got the bike symbols.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
If I had to guess where our (equally-weighted) center of mass was (and excluded myself because I'm two time zones away from all the others :crying: ), it would probably be somewhere in the Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state area. If I included myself, I'd guess it's roughly in the vicinity of Kansas City. Even for @Krixtoph, the closest person to either point, it's at least a 5-hour drive :|

Whose dumb idea was it to make North America so darn big??

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If I had to guess where our (equally-weighted) center of mass was (and excluded myself because I'm two time zones away from all the others :crying: ), it would probably be somewhere in the Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state area. If I included myself, I'd guess it's roughly in the vicinity of Kansas City. Even for @Krixtoph, the closest person to either point, it's at least a 5-hour drive :|

Whose dumb idea was it to make North America so darn big??
If, and I say IF I were going to partake in this proposed event, I would trailer my bike to the meeting place so that I can truly enjoy the riding once I'm there. I'm too old to ride an SCR that kind of distance.
:nerd:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts