Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So......me and @franksy wowed the crowds today - most questions being similar to “what are they.......” etc?

This is a lie, but in reality, most reactions did seem to be favourable, and we had a good blast across the Yorkshire backroads too - @franksy leading, and me frantically trying to keep up!! :grin2:

Good day.
Ben

·
Super Moderator
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What was the temperature?
My trusty weather app tells me we had ‘highs’ of 11 today, so 53 for you guys over the pond. As stated though, it was cold first thing, and with quite a wind too.
Ben

·
Registered
85 Posts
You had about the same weather as we had, minus the wind. I got a nice 150 mile ride in myself. Even got to stop at one of my favorite micro breweries! Just for 1!
I don't know about @SCRBen but I did 143 miles today. I sneaked in a sausage roll and a coffee before Ben arrived. I usually save my pint til when I get home with a bag of pork scratchings 😂

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice! Saw the photo on the FB group and came here searching for more! One buddy of mine just bought an SCR after he saw mine and o o ther is seriously considering it. They are drying up, though with all of the interest when folks see the bikes you have to wonder what happened with the sales . . .

·
Super Moderator
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know about @SCRBen but I did 143 miles today. I sneaked in a sausage roll and a coffee before Ben arrived. I usually save my pint til when I get home with a bag of pork scratchings 😂
About 115 today.

I’ll leave you to explain pork scratchings!! :grin2:
Ben

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
By far the two baddest bikes at the rally!
We cracked 50F here in Michigan today so regardless of the chores that needed to be done today I still got in a quick half hour ride around town.

·
Super Moderator
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My only photo from the day two scr's got together. Great ride out to Squires Bikes Cafe on the backrorads. Can anyone recommend an action camera that fixes to the bike as I'd like to film some rides...
I’ve got a Drift camera, the Stealth II. I’ve had to modify it to take an external mic though, as the in-built one is atrocious.

You may know this road...... :wink2:

The better Drift is the Ghost, with a decent in-built mic. And then there is the ubiquitous GoPros. Costly, but they are good.....

Ben

·
Registered
98 Posts
My only photo from the day two scr's got together. Great ride out to Squires Bikes Cafe on the backrorads. Can anyone recommend an action camera that fixes to the bike as I'd like to film some rides...
Fixing an action camera to the bike (or anything with a motor) is a headache -- unless you don't mind jello (vibration in the video). Helmet cams are pretty much immune from that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just picked up an old Polaroid camera with some unexposed film that still works...most fun I've had since I turfed the Kodak Intstamatic.

Cool that you guys met up and went for a rip...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts