Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, it is unfortunate that so many of us live a good deal a way from each other, but I would definitely be down for a rally some day.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That might be a good time to have forum stickers to hand around if people here are into that sort of thing. As active as this forum is, it would be great to see the street presence this represents.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I vote for a tour of the UK!
Ben
Tour of the UK would be awesome. I wonder what it would cost to ship the SCR from Montreal to Liverpool ...
I know a great place up in Canada too. Check out Riding Mountain National Park. Its world class, the facilities are top notch. Great hiking , fishing, camping, and some really nice twisty roads to ride. American greenbacks go a long way up here

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I vote for a tour of the UK!
Ben
Twisty roads would have a whole new twist rolling thru them on the wrong side of the road.
Have you ever gone to the Isle of Man TT? I would so like to witness that in person some day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've always been thinking of a cross-country kind of trip this summer, but with the forum members, that would be so wonderful

Coast to Coast, and I don't mind where it will start, from my side in San Francisco, or from the other side in Florida or New York then ends here
that won't make a big difference

if anyone's interested, I am totally down ...
we can even distribute some roles, like instead of all of us getting same tools, one or two can carry tools, another two for leader / sweep
and we can be connected with bluetooth mesh...

I know how we are all in different locations, but that would be one of a kind type of trip...

for those who'd find it difficult to meet (assuming for example we decided to meet in New-York)
They may join on our way...

sounds crazy... right? :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isle of Man TT

Would be a dream come true. Also to go to Joey Dunlop's pub and ride some of the roads that he did as a youth...not necessarily in that order lol.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Closer to the edge

Would be a dream come true. Also to go to Joey Dunlop's pub and ride some of the roads that he did as a youth...not necessarily in that order lol.
Treat yourself to this 99 minute YouTube movie. It's best viewed on a large screen with surround sound. Or an IPad with head phones. I'm going for it right now.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Twisty roads would have a whole new twist rolling thru them on the wrong side of the road.
Have you ever gone to the Isle of Man TT? I would so like to witness that in person some day.
You know something? I’ve never really fancied it. Silly, as my better half has a cousin with a place on the island and, knowing I’m into bikes, has invited us umpteen times. Maybe one day. More of a Moto GP fan - going to Silverstone for 3rd time this year. My step-dad has been to the IOM, back in the day. And I’ve met John McGuinness! My nearest Yamaha dealer is actually Padgetts - didn’t they race with Bruce Anstey last year? (crap customer service, mind).

Love Guy Martin tho!

Anyway - don’t want to hi-Jack the thread. Get something organised Stateside - coast to coast: that would be fantastic. Still on my bucket list!
Ben

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know something? I’ve never really fancied it. Silly, as my better half has a cousin with a place on the island and, knowing I’m into bikes, has invited us umpteen times. Maybe one day. More of a Moto GP fan - going to Silverstone for 3rd time this year. My step-dad has been to the IOM, back in the day. And I’ve met John McGuinness! My nearest Yamaha dealer is actually Padgetts - didn’t they race with Bruce Anstey last year? (crap customer service, mind).

Love Guy Martin tho!

Anyway - don’t want to hi-Jack the thread. Get something organised Stateside - coast to coast: that would be fantastic. Still on my bucket list!
Ben
Everyone loves Guy Martin. Was gonna say, you must be proud of that Crutchlow bloke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts