Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for OEM parts online and notice that there are several model numbers available for the SCR950. So my question is how do I know if I have a SCR95HGY or a SCR95HR?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I am looking for OEM parts online and notice that there are several model numbers available for the SCR950. So my question is how do I know if I have a SCR95HGY or a SCR95HR?
I’m not 100% sure, but could the code just relate to colour?

When I look for parts in the U.K. (Fowler’s Parts, if anyone is interested), you even have to select the colour (UK options being ‘Vivid Red Cocktail’, or ‘Yamaha Black’!!)

Could your options in the US be SCR95H-Grey, and SCR95H-Red??

Not as imaginative as Yamaha Europe, I know......and I have no idea what the ‘H’ would mean (‘heavy’, perhaps.......?? :grin2:)

They’ve only officially made the bike for one year, and I’m not aware of any mid-year revisions, so can’t imagine there’d be any issues anyway.

Let us know if you find out though.....
Ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m not 100% sure, but could the code just relate to colour?

When I look for parts in the U.K. (Fowler’s Parts, if anyone is interested), you even have to select the colour (UK options being ‘Vivid Red Cocktail’, or ‘Yamaha Black’!!)

Could your options in the US be SCR95H-Grey, and SCR95H-Red??

Not as imaginative as Yamaha Europe, I know......and I have no idea what the ‘H’ would mean (‘heavy’, perhaps.......?? /forum/images/SCR950Forum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png)

They’ve only officially made the bike for one year, and I’m not aware of any mid-year revisions, so can’t imagine there’d be any issues anyway.

Let us know if you find out though.....
Ben
I think you are on to something! I did not make that association.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think you are on to something! I did not make that association.
Check the part number you want for each model you have the option of - if the part no is the same for each model, then you definitely don’t have any worries.
Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts