Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The standard one is awful and rear suspension a little hard.
Otherwise the perfect bike considering the kind of riding I do.
Any solutions anyone?

·
Registered
677 Posts
The standard one is awful and rear suspension a little hard.
Otherwise the perfect bike considering the kind of riding I do.
Any solutions anyone?
While I have Corbin seats on my other bikes and love the comfort, I am not crazy about the style they offer for the SCR. Seat Concepts makes a cover and foam kit that you install on your stock pan. I had never done one before and it is pretty easy. Probably not as comfortable as a Corbin but it is a lot less expensive. Good luck! Jevers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers,
I'm experimenting with gel seats at present.
They help but only stave off the inevitable.
Maybe it's just my skinny ass !
I'll check out your suggestions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Luimoto cover. Shaved the peak off the stock foam but still haven't found the sweet spot. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't put enough hours on the luimoto cover to break it in. The roads are just clearing here so I'm hoping to get some saddle time soon

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I’ve got the Corbin on mine @Neville Senior . Picked it up second hand in Birmingham, which I think was pretty lucky.....can’t imagine there’s too many (if any!) second-hand SCR Corbins floating around in the U.K.

Like others on here, I wasn’t too struck on the styling at first either, but thought I’d give it a go. It is, without a doubt, the comfiest saddle I’ve ever owned. And even the style has grown on me.....I like how it looks now.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
677 Posts
I’ve got the Corbin on mine @Neville Senior . Picked it up second hand in Birmingham, which I think was pretty lucky.....can’t imagine there’s too many (if any!) second-hand SCR Corbins floating around in the U.K.

Like others on here, I wasn’t too struck on the styling at first either, but thought I’d give it a go. It is, without a doubt, the comfiest saddle I’ve ever owned. And even the style has grown on me.....I like how it looks now.

View attachment 17880

Cheers,

Ben
You had better pinch those gators before Schu gets after you!🤯

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You had better pinch those gators before Schu gets after you!🤯
Thanks Jay. Saved me having to get on him about it.

Butt you know that Corbin looks right on Ben's bike for some reason. I've seen others that just didn't seem right. I recall one seat that looked like a sofa. I think that one was a custom seat.

·
Registered
677 Posts

Butt you know that Corbin looks right on Ben's bike for some reason. I've seen others that just didn't seem right. I recall one seat that looked like a sofa. I think that one was a custom seat.
I was thinking that same thing when I looked at Ben's bike. It looks right on his bike because he still has the light cluster behind the hump of the seat. With my cleaned up fender, that hump would stick out like a sore, well, hump 😜! I guess I'll have to settle for a sore rump🥺

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I was thinking that same thing when I looked at Ben's bike. It looks right on his bike because he still has the light cluster behind the hump of the seat. With my cleaned up fender, that hump would stick out like a sore, well, hump 😜! I guess I'll have to settle for a sore rump🥺

It’s quite simple.....my bike is the best! 🤣
Ben

Reactions: Minty

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
But wouldn't you really rather have a Harley....:rolleyes:
Erm.....not necessarily......and anyway, I need the Yam to go and fetch the Harley parts......like next week. Long story......🤦‍♂️

Ben

1 - 11 of 11 Posts