Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two parts and JB weld. (because i was too lazy to take the seat apart to weld it). 3/8x16 square nut @ lowes pack of four .92 cent. make sure you let JB weld set up for as long as they recommend.
https://www.mcmaster.com/#2333a12/=1bhcm2r

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
There is NOTHING better than "JB" when properly applied.
Or vice versa for that matter.

Reactions: Burke

·
Registered
436 Posts
I thought of this method of latch connection, but you will need something to keep the seat from sliding to the left. A little muscle will pull it off the bike, latch or no latch, because it's not kept from moving laterally. Also, I see you used the same pull-pin that I did in the latch I made... some credit would have been nice! :)

Replace the circular ring on the pull pin, as it's made out of cheese and will stretch and elongate if you pull it too hard.

Charles.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
movement

I thought of this method of latch connection, but you will need something to keep the seat from sliding to the left. A little muscle will pull it off the bike, latch or no latch, because it's not kept from moving laterally. Also, I see you used the same pull-pin that I did in the latch I made... some credit would have been nice! :)

Replace the circular ring on the pull pin, as it's made out of cheese and will stretch and elongate if you pull it too hard.

Charles.
charles you get no credit for that because that was the first thing i bought for the bike back in december way before you made that erector set under your seat. no cheese, MADE IN USA. If you look in the picture there are two aluminium cups. there are two rubber bumpers foward of the latch. i had planned on securing them to the chassis to stop the lateral movement but dont need the seat is tight.
still haven't road tested though. in reality all you need is the cups to secure the seat cause if your upside down you got alot of other things to worry about. i broke the golden rule, engineer first, purchase parts second. good eye ma ninja !!!
https://www.mcmaster.com/#9275k13/=1bhiaww

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well I see your ring already beginning to pull apart. A regular heavy duty key ring works in there a lot better.

Strange I tried your method first and my seat was not secure at all.

As for calling my latch an erector set... I’ll take that as a compliment! It works great and I’m very happy with it.

Charles.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ring

Well I see your ring already beginning to pull apart. A regular heavy duty key ring works in there a lot better.

Strange I tried your method first and my seat was not secure at all.

As for calling my latch an erector set... I’ll take that as a compliment! It works great and I’m very happy with it.

Charles.
my ring is tight, and my pin has excellent penetration. :surprise:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts