Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some miscommunication and restitching I finally received my Corbin seat and oh boy am I happy. Any of you who were like me and had their ass broke after 100miles on that stock dirt bike seat Yamaha provided, I’d take a look into Corbin seats. Put close to 500miles on since the new seat and it makes the bike all that better, it really does. What other seats are you guys running on your scramblers???
71EA8389-0FA2-44CC-94A0-709986A5A620.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
What a stunning piece of work love every aspect colour / shape and stitching, long after the price is forgotten you will be enjoying every mile. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What kind of price and lead time are we looking at for this Corbin? I have 2 Corbins on my other bikes and love the comfort they provide. The only thing holding me up with this Corbin is that little hump. It is especially noticeable since I did a stock taillight/turn signal delete. Thanks for posting! Jevers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of price and lead time are we looking at for this Corbin? I have 2 Corbins on my other bikes and love the comfort they provide. The only thing holding me up with this Corbin is that little hump. It is especially noticeable since I did a stock taillight/turn signal delete. Thanks for posting! Jevers
The seat was $450 before shipping and was delivered 4 weeks after ordered. I actually don’t mind the humped back end with the red accent line. I wonder how it would look though with your signal delete as well. For the short time I’ve had it, I’ve really enjoyed it over the stock seat. Corbin did a great job with the flat comfort design on these seats for the SCR

·
Registered
683 Posts
The seat was $450 before shipping and was delivered 4 weeks after ordered. I actually don’t mind the humped back end with the red accent line. I wonder how it would look though with your signal delete as well. For the short time I’ve had it, I’ve really enjoyed it over the stock seat. Corbin did a great job with the flat comfort design on these seats for the SCR
Thanks for the info! Yes, Corbin seats are very well engineered. The Corbin seat on my Bonneville is maybe 1.5 inches thick compared to 4 inches of foam in the stock seat. Yet the way the Corbin is designed it is easily 5 times more comfortable! Jevers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info! Yes, Corbin seats are very well engineered. The Corbin seat on my Bonneville is maybe 1.5 inches thick compared to 4 inches of foam in the stock seat. Yet the way the Corbin is designed it is easily 5 times more comfortable! Jevers
What I noticed most about this seat was how your ass sat in a valley of the seat as compared to stock, where it feels you are on top of a mound like a dirt bike seat. I assume there is a break in period with the material but just the sitting position alone was well worth the change. Once installed I used a bit too much of leather conditioner and when slicked up, you do slide back a bit cranking through gears ha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually have the seat cover along with a 3/4 inch gel pad that I placed in between the old seat and the cover and that helped so much. I was the same before with the 100 mile broken [email protected]@.
Stock seat to me had been the main point of uncomfort on this ride. Your gel pad probably cost a fraction of new seat but good to hear that has served you well to keep cruisin! I’ll pass on the info thanks man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts