Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is seriously a ton of fun on dirt roads. I finally took it out on some and the bike is really kind of awesome there. Rear suspension isn’t great, but if you are standing it isn’t a big deal. The bike tracks great and powers out if wobbly parts really, really well. Loads of fun!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nice hand guards, Dread! Where did you get those?!
They look good! Jevers
Are they like these with the pop out inserts from PowerMadd?
I had a set on the FZ-09. They fit okay after I reversed the mounts (left for right and right for left) to clear the mirror perches, cables & switchgear.
I later treated them to some carbon fiber wrap. Although cutting and sanding off the raised PowerMadd lettering first was a challenge!

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nice hand guards, Dread! Where did you get those?!
They look good! Jevers
Are they like these with the pop out inserts from PowerMadd?
I had a set on the FZ-09. They fit okay after I reversed the mounts (left for right and right for left) to clear the mirror perches, cables & switchgear.
I later treated them to some carbon fiber wrap. Although cutting and sanding off the raised PowerMadd lettering first was a challenge!
Yep, Eddie those are the ones. I took a little different approach to the mounts. The clutch side went on perfectly. The throttle side was a different story. In order to have everything symmetrical, I cut off half of the mirror perch, yep right down the middle. There were just enough threads left to still hold a plastic cap to cover up the infraction. Yeah, I wasn't real fond of the Power Madd letters either. BTW. Did you ever get to use the card? Jevers

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yep, Eddie those are the ones. I took a little different approach to the mounts. The clutch side went on perfectly. The throttle side was a different story. In order to have everything symmetrical, I cut off half of the mirror perch, yep right down the middle. There were just enough threads left to still hold a plastic cap to cover up the infraction. Yeah, I wasn't real fond of the Power Madd letters either. BTW. Did you ever get to use the card? Jevers
If you are game, try shaving the letters off with a heavy carpet knife blade and then lightly sanding with fine grit to the desired finish. Not a wrap fan? Rustoleum Trim and Bumper Black Paint has a nice finish to it.
Re: The card. Not yet! Have had a terrible week with bad weather and dealing with a $$$$ vandalized 2019 Camry belonging to my girlfriend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts