Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Is this some inside joke? Or is my fender on backwards?
No bud - no joke. It’s a common error with some dealers - they like to put them on backwards, it seems! :ROFLMAO:

When you swap it round, you'll wonder how you never noticed.

Ben

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Looks like I got a project this weekend then, thanks for the tip!
Many people have said they had to remove the front wheel in order to gain access to the fender mounting bolts. But then there was one guy who said he deflated the tire and was able to squeeze it to a lesser width and swapped it around without removing the wheel. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
longer skinny part goes to the back. I took mine off to paint it then put it on backwards. Taking your wheel off is the safest option to avoid dings. Not a whole lot of space to work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Many people have said they had to remove the front wheel in order to gain access to the fender mounting bolts. But then there was one guy who said he deflated the tire and was able to squeeze it to a lesser width and swapped it around without removing the wheel. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
I found that out this afternoon, tried to wrench it off in the parking lot after work but quickly realized I would have to take the wheel off to get the bolts out. Good call! Luckily my coworker told me he can bring in a center stand on Monday and I can do it right…now all I see is a backwards front fender! 🤦‍♂️

41 - 53 of 53 Posts