Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Side stand extension for Barons raise-up kit

675 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  JB McG 
#1 ·
I haven't installed the Barons kit yet, but just thinking about a solution for the side stand. I don't love the idea of a puck to put under the stand as I find they look like a little like orthopedic shoes. Would rather find a side stand from another bike that is longer and would suffice. Anyone have experience installing the raise-up kit who could shed some light on their solution to the lean angle?

#3 ·
Here's a listing from eBay for a used side stand that supposedly fits the SCR for $23 plus $14 shipping. You could cut the stand just above the foot and weld in an extension using some round stock. That way, you would still have the original side stand in case you ever wanted to change it back.

#4 ·
Funny you should say that, because I've already ordered a used stand, and awaiting its shipment. My only concern is I've read that welding cast steel (or is it cast iron?) can be tricky. I have zero welding experience, so I'll definitely be taking the project to a shop. This is my plan "A" at this point unless someone has a better idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.