Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I added the displacement numbers on the tank in a "similar but different" fashion than how it was done on the 75 DT Yamahas. Not sure if I'll leave it that way for long, but they are just vinyl decals that can be peeled off when I'm bored with them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Today I added the displacement numbers on the tank in a "similar but different" fashion than how it was done on the 75 DT Yamahas. Not sure if I'll leave it that way for long, but they are just vinyl decals that can be peeled off when I'm bored with them.
Schu, That's pretty close to what I had in mind for the decals I am planning to put on my YELLOW tank! Although I was going to put the 950 above the Yamaha, just like the DTs. Where did you find the numbers, btw? jevers

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Schu, That's pretty close to what I had in mind for the decals I am planning to put on my YELLOW tank! Although I was going to put the 950 above the Yamaha, just like the DTs. Where did you find the numbers, btw? jevers
I know the numbers are supposed to go above YAMAHA, but there is not enough space unless you use small sized numbers and that just wouldn't be right at all. I wanted to try and keep the proportions correct between the letter size and the number size.
I ordered the numbers from the attached source on eBay. You can order them as one number 950 on transfer film which makes it real easy to apply. There offered 6 different styles of numbers and this was the closest to the original, although not a perfect match.

·
Registered
656 Posts
My O. C. D. wrote that previous reply! It still looks good as is. When I paint the tank, I will have to have new decals made up anyway. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts