Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a sissy bar to their SCR950? I know this sounds odd, but this is a half scrambler / half cruiser.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think the closest someone got to a sissy bar was a luggage rack that comes from some company Europe. I want to so say Germany, but search the forum and the topic should pop up.

Personally, I can't imagine the SCR950 being comfortable for passengers and long rides but to each their own. You'd have to do some comparing, but there may be a way to retrofit a Bolt sissy bar on to the SCR. The fender isn't too terribly different between models.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Reactions: XB12X

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Has anyone fitted a sissy bar to their SCR950? I know this sounds odd, but this is a half scrambler / half cruiser.
I think the closest someone got to a sissy bar was a luggage rack that comes from some company Europe. I want to so say Germany, but search the forum and the topic should pop up.

Personally, I can't imagine the SCR950 being comfortable for passengers and long rides but to each their own. You'd have to do some comparing, but there may be a way to retrofit a Bolt sissy bar on to the SCR. The fender isn't too terribly different between models.
Fehling??

More a grab rail, really. I have considered getting another, and then getting someone to fab a sissy bar for the SCR but, as @Krixtoph suggests, it’s not the most comfy two-up machine (we’ve had worse though).

As for getting a Bolt sissy bar to fit, I think you’d struggle, as we don’t have the fender struts the Bolt has. You will find the mounting hole, by the top of your rear shocks, where the Bolt’s fender would ordinarily be though!! :grin2:

Ben

Attachments

Reactions: Krixtoph

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread, but good to see some regulars ( more like irregulars) 😜 back on our old forum! I guess I'm in a really good mood cuz the weather finally turned warm ( 70's), I took the rest of the week off, the carpenters are coming to finish the house, and since I can't go to the Ozarks and ride this Thanksgiving, I'm going to ride here this week! Hope all is well with all-ya-alls! Jevers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of a sissy bar, not for passengers, but to fit a luggage roll over, for example, a Biltwell EXFIL 80. And I think it would look sort of cool.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread, but good to see some regulars ( more like irregulars) 😜 back on our old forum! I guess I'm in a really good mood cuz the weather finally turned warm ( 70's), I took the rest of the week off, the carpenters are coming to finish the house, and since I can't go to the Ozarks and ride this Thanksgiving, I'm going to ride here this week! Hope all is well with all-ya-alls! Jevers
Alright for some!! Low to mid 50s here at the mo. Have a good ride.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of a sissy bar, not for passengers, but to fit a luggage roll over, for example, a Biltwell EXFIL 80. And I think it would look sort of cool.
Well.....anything could be made to fit, if you or someone you know has the talent.....but I don’t think you’re going to find a sissy bar for such a bag “off the shelf”.

Let us know what you come up with.

Ben

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright for some!! Low to mid 50s here at the mo. Have a good ride.

Well.....anything could be made to fit, if you or someone you know has the talent.....but I don’t think you’re going to find a sissy bar for such a bag “off the shelf”.

Let us know what you come up with.

Ben
I reckon one for the Bolt adapted to fit the SCR by one of the many very skillful customisers in Thailand.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I reckon one for the Bolt adapted to fit the SCR by one of the many very skillful customisers in Thailand.
The sissy bar on my previous bike is dearly missed. It was perfect for slipping a motorcycle backpack over the bar in reverse fashion letting it rest on the passenger portion of the seat. Maybe find one from an old Virago and take it somewhere for Custom Fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The sissy bar on my previous bike is dearly missed. It was perfect for slipping a motorcycle backpack over the bar in reverse fashion letting it rest on the passenger portion of the seat. Maybe find one from an old Virago and take it somewhere for Custom Fitting.
I do like the old Viragos’......:smile2:
Viragi?
Ben

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I do like the old Viragos’......:smile2:
Viragi?
Ben
That Virago 1100 was surprisingly fast for a Vtwin cruiser. Going from the seat height of the Vgo to the seat height of SCR was a big change to get used to. You'd go to put your foot down at a stop light and would start to panic when it required about 6 more inches from your inseam.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That Virago 1100 was surprisingly fast for a Vtwin cruiser. Going from the seat height of the Vgo to the seat height of SCR was a big change to get used to. You'd go to put your foot down at a stop light and would start to panic when it required about 6 more inches from your inseam.
How did it compare, power-wise? It’ll have been roughly the same power output as the SCR, won’t it - Mid 50s? Was it a bit torquier tho, given it was an 1100?
Ben

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
How did it compare, power-wise? It’ll have been roughly the same power output as the SCR, won’t it - Mid 50s? Was it a bit torquier tho, given it was an 1100?
Ben
Max torque was 62.7 ft/lbs (85.0 Nm) @ 3000 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 60.75 HP (45.3 KW) @ 5600 RPM.
It would've embarrassed the SCR. The low end torque was massive, and it would pull strong thru the entire range. It was in dire need of a 6th gear. Loved the shaft drive. It was an odd machine in many ways, and I never really liked the styling until now when I look back at the photos. I should've kept it. I only got $2,000 for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's exactly why I'd like one.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It was an odd machine in many ways, and I never really liked the styling until now when I look back at the photos. I should've kept it. I only got $2,000 for it.
Yeah, I agree - they almost look too short, as if they’ve been compressed from either end.....like an accordion! :grin2: Still like em tho......nice pics too.

Max torque was 62.7 ft/lbs (85.0 Nm) @ 3000 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 60.75 HP (45.3 KW) @ 5600 RPM.
It would've embarrassed the SCR. The low end torque was massive, and it would pull strong thru the entire range.
Aah - the SCRs not that far off then......79.5 Nm of torque and 51-54 ponies (depends where you look! :laugh: ).......and it’s giving away 150 cubes. Bet the SCRs heavier tho, too?

Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts