Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Follow up to my post about my the stolen side covers.
I discovered later they'd tried to steal the bike.
I came to move it Thursday (been out of town & busy) & the steering lock & ignition are smashed up. The idiots tried to bust the ignition before they realized the steering lock was on, they'd been swinging the bars pretty hard to try break the lock!!

The good news is the steering lock is pretty tough on these so I still have the bike!!
I drilled out the lock so I could turn the bars, straightened the bars out & was able to get the ignition to work ok.
Looks like an insurance claim/dealer repair though as I it needs a special Yamaha tool to remove the 2nd screw on the steering lock & I can't find the steering lock as a replacement part.
I really want to keep the single key.

Wish I could get a hold of the mother#######'s !!!

Rant over!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hopefully you can get a new steering lock cylinder and it will work out OK. See if the dealer can hook you up on that and perhaps your insurance will cover it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha SCR950 2011 Kimco 160 Scooter
19 Posts
Hopefully you can get a new steering lock cylinder and it will work out OK. See if the dealer can hook you up on that and perhaps your insurance will cover it. Good luck.
Follow up to my post about my the stolen side covers.
I discovered later they'd tried to steal the bike.
I came to move it Thursday (been out of town & busy) & the steering lock & ignition are smashed up. The idiots tried to bust the ignition before they realized the steering lock was on, they'd been swinging the bars pretty hard to try break the lock!!

The good news is the steering lock is pretty tough on these so I still have the bike!!
I drilled out the lock so I could turn the bars, straightened the bars out & was able to get the ignition to work ok.
Looks like an insurance claim/dealer repair though as I it needs a special Yamaha tool to remove the 2nd screw on the steering lock & I can't find the steering lock as a replacement part.
I really want to keep the single key.

Wish I could get a hold of the mother#######'s !!!

Rant over!!!
Wow What a Drag! Do wish you could get ‘em! What an insane price for side covers. T

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts