Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It's a nice day to be out and about on the SCR. It's currently 75 degrees farenheit here in the Florida Panhandle. View attachment 18360
Nice! I'm so jealous. My riding is done here in Michigan. Today I installed my wheels with their new Avon Trailrider tyres, changed the oil and filter, hooked up the battery tender and covered her up. Bring on the snow!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! I'm so jealous. My riding is done here in Michigan. Today I installed my wheels with their new Avon Trailrider tyres, changed the oil and filter, hooked up the battery tender and covered her up. Bring on the snow!
I've got about 8K miles on the SCR. I need to start thinking about replacement tires, myself. I hope you like the Avon tires. Snow is probably inevitable in Michigan but there's always snowmobiles to get out on. Spring will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've got about 8K miles on the SCR. I need to start thinking about replacement tires, myself. I hope you like the Avon tires. Snow is probably inevitable in Michigan but there's always snowmobiles to get out on. Spring will be here before you know it.
8k is all I squeezed out of the original tires. My front tire had a chopped wear pattern that just looked wrong even though I could've gotten more miles out of it. The rear tire was completely worn on centerline, but the edges (chicken strips) looked like new. I ride mainly grid pattern routes. It's hard to find a route with twistys around here.

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
Did you fit the new tyres yourself, Mr @Schu ?

Damn, after all this anticipation, I sure hope you like ‘em!!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Did you fit the new tyres yourself, Mr @Schu ?

Damn, after all this anticipation, I sure hope you like ‘em!!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben
No. I took the wheels with the new tyres, tubes, and rim strips to a local tire shop and they did the swap and balance. I then put the wheels back on the bike. I hate the stick-on wheel weights they used, so I will order a set of spoke style weights instead.

I do my own tire swaps on my old bikes, but those are easier to spoon off and on.

Reactions: SCRBen

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice SCR you got there. I'm enjoying the weather as well in Florida. I'm just north of Jacksonville. I'd post a photo of my SCR but it looks a little plain generic so far. No mods yet, still thinking it through.
Glad to hear of another SCR owner with year-round riding opportunities. The roads tend to be flat and straight in our parts but we don't have to ride far to the north to find good roads. Have fun with mods to your bike if you decide to do any. So far, I've added a Dart windscreen, replaced the air cleaner, footpegs and bar grips. I might replace the seat cover in time. Enjoy your SCR!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear of another SCR owner with year-round riding opportunities. The roads tend to be flat and straight in our parts but we don't have to ride far to the north to find good roads. Have fun with mods to your bike if you decide to do any. So far, I've added a Dart windscreen, replaced the air cleaner, footpegs and bar grips. I might replace the seat cover in time. Enjoy your SCR!
Great mods to your bike, very tasteful. I think I want to go in the direction of a street tracker. If I could source or fabricate a nice up-sweep duel exhaust system with reverse cones, I'd be a happy camper!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts