Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my SW Motech order finally came in: SLC Side racks and 2 carrier plates. I also got a set of Giant Loop MotoTrekk panniers, 25 liters each, 2 of their possibles pouches (3.5 liters each), and 2 OBR-ADV 2 liter fuel bottle holders. It is a perfect setup for me.

The panniers strapto the side plates like they were made for them, the plates themselves are quick release - one of the pics below shows where the lever is, and the bags are perfect. 57 liters for cargo and gear as well as a gallon of gas. Add in my 26 liter SW Motech bag and I’m over 80 liters of space. I can tour indefinitely with that.

You can see that there is plenty of clearance for the exhaust, though you do have to be careful with straps. It was so safe that I guess I thought I needed to add 2 liters of gasoline on that side to even the karma out. :) all in all a great set up for me. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Jealous that you found those. I don't think those sidecase mounts were for sale back when I got the Fehling saddlebag supports. <Checks budget> Maybe I'll do a swap for those in a few months. My current sidecase setup suffers because the saddleback supports aren't very stiff, so the amount of weight they can support without something banging against the shock reservoirs is pretty low.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is definitely a solid setup. I did exactly that, got this setup and sold the Fehling rack. I am really satisfied with it and it can handle a lot of different soft bags and holds them higher than the Fehling's did, so there are less pipe clearance issues.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice set-up. I also like your plate and appreciate your service. I wish we could get veteran plates for bikes down in Texas; I have a Navy vet plate on my 4Runner, but one would be nice for the bike and I ride it a lot more than I drive the 4Runner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.