Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Garmin zumo fitted to my Kawasaki and have acquired another cradle and power cable so it makes sense to fit this to scrambler and share unit between bikes. Apart from the obvious direct to the battery do any forum members have suggestion for a switched live supply on bike?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have a Garmin zumo fitted to my Kawasaki and have acquired another cradle and power cable so it makes sense to fit this to scrambler and share unit between bikes. Apart from the obvious direct to the battery do any forum members have suggestion for a switched live supply on bike?
Thank you
Apparently, there’s one in the headlight.....

My Garmin cradle is just wired directly to the battery though.

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for information Ben, will take a look. Would be interested to know how you mounted cradle. Popped round garage earlier tonight and think I may make a plate and mount it above speedo. No rush project I find if I take time I do a better job. Only brought lead last night on eBay should be hear at weekend.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Thanks for information Ben, will take a look. Would be interested to know how you mounted cradle. Popped round garage earlier tonight and think I may make a plate and mount it above speedo. No rush project I find if I take time I do a better job. Only brought lead last night on eBay should be hear at weekend.
Just a basic Ram Mount mate - nowt special. It’s never moved though......👍

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ben great pictures, I can copy that. On a ride today I thought just to left of Speedo 4mm ally two bolts on back of Speedo and same cradle as yours. I have followed the link you sent to bolt forum but battery plan is fine.
The nav can be swooped between Z900rs and SCR 950, some people are very anti sat nav but I often find the same people are always at back of the queue when it's time to get the beers/tea/ breakfast and swear that a Morrison's atlas is all you need!
I have found great roads because of my Garmin most riders round here head for cat and fiddle my nav recently took me right and I discovered the old smithy cash at monyash a brilliant hidden gem.
After initial layout of 200 quid if my installation on SCR is successful it will be the eighth bike it as been fitted to.
Thank you for taking time to post info and pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a PDM60 that I salvaged from my KLR. It's an electronic power distrubution box. A bit pricey just for a GPS but if you have multiple accessories, it could be worth it. If you blow a circuit, turn off, turn on and you're back in business. The smart person, would, of course, find out why the circuit popped....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I have found great roads because of my Garmin most riders round here head for cat and fiddle my nav recently took me right and I discovered the old smithy cash at monyash a brilliant hidden gem.
I’ve just looked this up......didn’t realise you were on about a cafe.....:giggle:

Looks like we might have to organise only the second ever SCR forum meet-up sometime 👍

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the place Ben, I've seen everything from a zero to a Vincent there and the food is very very good TBH set of there today made it to uttoxater when temperature fell to 5c and icey rain appeared.
A meet up would be great as there are 2 four seat benches outside cafe which should accommodate every scr 950 owner in the U.K..
I have tried to post pics of this oasis but my phone just says insufficient memory.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Reactions: Odyoa Yamaha

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That's the place Ben, I've seen everything from a zero to a Vincent there and the food is very very good TBH set of there today made it to uttoxater when temperature fell to 5c and icey rain appeared.
A meet up would be great as there are 2 four seat benches outside cafe which should accommodate every scr 950 owner in the U.K..
I have tried to post pics of this oasis but my phone just says insufficient memory.
Those pics you have added make me realise I’ve seen that place on the Guzzi Owners Forum - they must have meets there.....I always wondered where it was.

Yes, I was out on the SCR yesterday. 130 mile round trip to see my brother for his 40th. Ride down was fine, but coming back on the M1 it started raining, and when I got home the bike was white from all the salt that had been spread and then flung up! :mad: Bloody ridiculous, risk-adverse country we live in - WTF spreads salt in late April?! Was not impressed, so had to wash it straight away!

Anyway, yes - lets arrange something in a month or two (when they finally stop salt spreading :mad:) I’d like to go there.

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those pics you have added make me realise I’ve seen that place on the Guzzi Owners Forum - they must have meets there.....I always wondered where it was.

Yes, I was out on the SCR yesterday. 130 mile round trip to see my brother for his 40th. Ride down was fine, but coming back on the M1 it started raining, and when I got home the bike was white from all the salt that had been spread and then flung up! :mad: Bloody ridiculous, risk-adverse country we live in - WTF spreads salt in late April?! Was not impressed, so had to wash it straight away!

Anyway, yes - lets arrange something in a month or two (when they finally stop salt spreading :mad:) I’d like to go there.

Cheers,

Ben
That does look an amazing place, give me a shout when you guys meet up, I will try and join you 👍

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That does look an amazing place, give me a shout when you guys meet up, I will try and join you 👍
Will do. We’ve had 2 SCRs meeting up before, but I think 3 SCRs together in the wild up may have untold consequences for the universe though.......:LOL:

Ben

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm always ready and I don't work Friday's / Saturdays.....
Monumental meeting of 3 or more SCR 950 yamaha's... suspect central news will send crew out to record this m

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Job done Sat nav wired into switched live, no fancy brackets dispite offers to make one from friends. Used SCR Ben's ball ram on handle bars system which also put nav info closer then fabricated bracket on Speedo.
Took headlamp cover off and picked up feed to side/parking light bulb the neutral / black wire I simply fitted to small bolt in bottom center of headlight shell. So job done one hour no need to remove tank / seat or disconnect battery.
We can still use this thread for the BIG SCR meet in Derbyshire or start a new one.
Garmin 390lm... ignore bmw motorad logo previous life dose not affect yamaha reliabilty
20210508_154514.jpg

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Job done Sat nav wired into switched live, no fancy brackets dispite offers to make one from friends. Used SCR Ben's ball ram on handle bars system which also put nav info closer then fabricated bracket on Speedo.
Took headlamp cover off and picked up feed to side/parking light bulb the neutral / black wire I simply fitted to small bolt in bottom center of headlight shell. So job done one hour no need to remove tank / seat or disconnect battery.
We can still use this thread for the BIG SCR meet in Derbyshire or start a new one.
Garmin 390lm... ignore bmw motorad logo previous life dose not affect yamaha reliabilty
Looks good bud 👍

Ben

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Garmin 390lm... ignore bmw motorad logo previous life dose not affect yamaha reliabilty View attachment 17903 View attachment 17903
Is that simply a riser on your mirror mount or is it a vibration dampener?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts