Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I was just wondering if anyone has completely removed the tail light and installed the turn/stop/run light combos in its place?

My plan would to strip the rear fender clean of all lights and brackets. I think the bike looks great with a clean rear fender. I would then wire the signals to act as running/brake/turn signals. I'm open to suggestions on where to mount them (possibly the shock mount holes)

I've been looking at these lights:
https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/4843/torpedo-led-lights

Perhaps someone has done this or knows of another product. I look forward to input!:laugh:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Do a search in " what have you done to your SCR today" for the tail clean up I did. I went with a LED license plate frame and a strip just under the rear of the seat. There is a hole just above the side cover that would work for those lights you are thinking about. Welcome! Jevers

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Don't minimize too much on the rear lighting.
There are WAY to many distracted drivers on the road today.
But I have seen some of the LED strips that really are super bright.
You gotta be seen brother!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do like the strip light behind the seat. It looks great. The only problem is I want to fab up a luggage rack and when it's installed any luggage will block the light. Therefore I need to get them low and visible.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I do like the strip light behind the seat. It looks great. The only problem is I want to fab up a luggage rack and when it's installed any luggage will block the light. Therefore I need to get them low and visible.
If you are going to fab your own rack then you should be able to set the height to suit your preference in lighting. I made my rack clear the stock lights. Lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search in " what have you done to your SCR today" for the tail clean up I did. I went with a LED license plate frame and a strip just under the rear of the seat. There is a hole just above the side cover that would work for those lights you are thinking about. Welcome! Jevers

I love that bracket and lights! Thats exactly what I think I'm going to do.

Question, did you require a flasher or diodes for wiring or did you just wire into existing wires from factory signals and brake? I'm assuming you made a bracket and just rivet to fender. That seems easy enough.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Don't minimize too much on the rear lighting.
There are WAY to many distracted drivers on the road today.
But I have seen some of the LED strips that really are super bright.
You gotta be seen brother!
Once again, I concur with Brother Schu. Even though the LEDs are super bright, the ones in the license plate frame are at the wrong angle, making them less visible. That's why I added the strip under the seat. Still to this day I am very cautious about cars coming up behind me. Jevers

·
Registered
711 Posts

I love that bracket and lights! Thats exactly what I think I'm going to do.

Question, did you require a flasher or diodes for wiring or did you just wire into existing wires from factory signals and brake? I'm assuming you made a bracket and just rivet to fender. That seems easy enough.
Yes, I bought a led compatible flasher for a Yamaha R6. It's literally plug and play. It's tucked down on the left side of the battery. The wiring I did was with soldered joints and I tried to only cut the wires on the brake/ turn signal light ends. And yes, I simply made a plate that bolted on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts