Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna tidy up my rear fender. Just so's to not ruin the original, I got another fender to play with. This is not the final iteration, hence the blue painter's tape holding the Lucas tail light in place. Also not sure of the rear signal placement. May move 'em to the fender

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looking good! I like the retro look of the taillight. Have you thought of mounting the turn signals in the existing holes just under the seat? They are at about the 11 o'clock point on your right side cover. It looks like you might have to drill out the hole? Here's how I cleaned up the tail on my bike. Jevers

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jevers, if you look, you'll see the signal lights are threaded into the holes above the shocks. They're K&S lights that have the same threads on their studs as those holes. Not sure they're gonna stay though. Got some shorter stem signals (also K&S) that I may put in the fender itself. I've got a Yamaha IT400 tail light coming, that I may use instead of the Lucas repro

·
Registered
692 Posts
Jevers, if you look, you'll see the signal lights are threaded into the holes above the shocks. They're K&S lights that have the same threads on their studs as those holes. Not sure they're gonna stay though. Got some shorter stem signals (also K&S) that I may put in the fender itself. I've got a Yamaha IT400 tail light coming, that I may use instead of the Lucas repro
Lee, that is even better! They even look period correct. Are they flex mount, since they are kinda out there? I think you're on the right track with the IT taillight. Jevers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tail light is a repro piece for the IT400 Yamaha. The base actually comes with provision for mounting the license plate. You can get a real IT400 light, but you'll pay at least 3 times the money. The marker lights are K&S mini stalk lights p/n 25-8038, all of this for less than $50 on eBay.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick side note... the IT's were 6v systems, so change the bulb, if your gonna use this tail light. Found this out when checking my wiring. Brake light was super bright, then nothing... :surprise:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Plate

Joe, Where did you get that vertical plate mount? I want to get rid of the clunky plastic fender off the back and looking for one that will work just where you have it but on the other side.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Joe, Where did you get that vertical plate mount? I want to get rid of the clunky plastic fender off the back and looking for one that will work just where you have it but on the other side.
Sorry to cut into your question to Joe, but if you are simply looking for a vertical mount that fits an SCR, here is the one I used. I decided to mount mine on the exhaust side, using that extra hole in the frame by the upper rear shock mount. It just required a tubing spacer and a long bolt. I used two LED screws on the upper plate screws for lighting.

I see the price has gone up an additional $15 on this mount. Not sure it's worth that kind of money. It's a good bracket, and has held up well for 2 years now. Nice black Powder Cote finish. But $45 plus $10.90 shipping is pretty stiff.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Bol...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey schu do you know the size of that bolt for the extra hole above the shock, off the top of your head? Got the kit in just want to save some time at the store. Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey schu do you know the size of that bolt for the extra hole above the shock, off the top of your head? Got the kit in just want to save some time at the store. Thanks
It's an M10. I popped a similar license plate mount on my SCR a while back.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It's an M10. I popped a similar license plate mount on my SCR a while back.
Don’t forget it’s an M10 with a fine thread pitch of 1.25, not the regular (coarse) M10 thread pitch, which is 1.5mm.

https://www.fullerfasteners.com/tech/basic-metric-thread-chart-m1-m100-2/

Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
Plate

Thanks guys, new to this and my first owned bike always rode my dads. Diving into all the mods and figuring it out as I go, the help is appreciated.

So far Cobra intake, Akrapovic slip on exhaust (arrives Friday) then going to send out the ECU for an Ivans tune. Ditched the plastic side panels and put a nice leather box underneath for some storage.

should be picking up the hardware and getting the plate mounted today

1 - 20 of 95 Posts