Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a tankbag and/or tailbag that would look good on my SCR? The only real "modern" concession I will make is it would be nice to have a pouch/pocket/sleeve on the top of the tankbag where I could place a tablet/smart phone or GPS.

·
Registered
884 Posts
For a tail bag, I found this "tactical" bag on eBay fairly cheap and modified the straps to allow a section of the removable shoulder strap to pass under the seat and be secured with a toggle made out of a section of aluminum tubing I had around. A wooden dowel could be used, too. The bag has cinch straps, two side pockets on either side of a larger main compartment and a smaller compartment on top - all zippered.
The bags come in black, sand, camo, etc... and would hold a small tablet.

My tank bag is a small magnetically attached one I found at Walmart of all places. =)
I don't have a photo, but it's small enough to work with the SCR's tank and big enough to hold a couple of bottles of water, a tire repair kit, etc..

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ever thought of getting a side-chassis bag? I've got a retro styled leather bag that's custom made for our bikes. I just so happen to have an all-black one ready to ship that would fit on the clutch-side.

Click for images

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ever thought of getting a side-chassis bag? I've got a retro styled leather bag that's custom made for our bikes. I just so happen to have an all-black one ready to ship that would fit on the clutch-side.

Click for images
Your Pony Express Bags are awesome. I finally got some riding time yesterday and got my first compliment on the bags while topping off the tank at the gas station.

Reactions: Krixtoph

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Click for images
Those side bags are real nice. In real world use, what are you able to pack in there? A sweater/fleece? Rain gear? Extra gloves? I see you're advertising $160 per bag for SCR950 forum members. Any additional deal for purchasing two?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those side bags are real nice. In real world use, what are you able to pack in there? A sweater/fleece? Rain gear? Extra gloves? I see you're advertising $160 per bag for SCR950 forum members. Any additional deal for purchasing two?
All of the above! I made myself one bag and ride with an extra pair of gloves, goggles, and a sweater in it at all times. My 6" phone fits snug in the upper pocket, and in the lower I keep a pen, paper, first aid, and key for my fork-mounted tool bag. $160/bag shipped (in the US) is the best deal I can offer at this time.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can get a two litter in each side plus additional stuff.
I had mine custom made to be a little deeper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts