Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifey got me a new GoPro for Christmas! I've wanted to get one for a little while to use as a sort of a**-covering dashcam. I took it for a little spin yesterday to test it out, and while nothing particularly exciting happened during the actual ride, I thought y'all might enjoy watching me drive out of my weird little parking spot. Enjoy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Good Lord, Man! I thought I was anal about parking/protecting MY bike!! What I want to see is a video of how you get that thing parked IN there!!! Kudos, my friend, KUDOS!!!! Jevers

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I wonder if that actually makes it a more secure parking space, though?? :confused::confused::confused:

And take that warning sticker off your tank, for goodness sake!! :grin2:

Ben

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good Lord, Man! I thought I was anal about parking/protecting MY bike!! What I want to see is a video of how you get that thing parked IN there!!! Kudos, my friend, KUDOS!!!! Jevers
Ha ha. You beat me to the punch Jay. That is exactly what I was going to ask.

Ditto on the sticker removal. It was the first thing I noticed.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the quick posting of your " in " procedure. I don't know about anyone else, but if I was in your position, I would flip flop the gate for the wall that's ahead of your bike. I'm afraid that it's just a matter of time before you have a little slip up and your red beauty will end up with a case of the dreaded garage rash. Good luck to you either way! Jevers

·
Registered
252 Posts
lol wut?! You're going to take something off one of these days: A mirror, a leg, the muffler. Have you thought about converting your entire front fence into a gate?

I must say, I'm impressed how you can get your bike in and out of there without a scratch!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Gotta say that a bad guy dosen't stand a chance getting it outta there.......Nice job!!!

Do you have a special tail light that has a sequencing flash each time you apply brakes?

Todd

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have a special tail light that has a sequencing flash each time you apply brakes?
Not a special tail light, but a module which you install in series with your tail light. This module which was previously recommended on the forums. I think it was @eddie who it gave it his endorsement. It has a few different flash patterns you can choose between; I went with flash-steady-flash-steady (stay steady). https://www.customled.com/products/magic-strobes-brake-light-flasher

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say that these procedures have not been perfectly executed every single time, but fortunately the only thing which has ever taken any detectable damage as a result is the bottom-outer edge of the plastic belt guard. It scraped against that concrete stair at the bottom of the stoop on one of my first couple of attempts at this.

And yes, it does help me sleep at night knowing that nobody is going to be able to quietly yoink my bike any time soon.

Oh and one more thing - I used to have an upstairs neighbor who owned a Yamaha Zuma 125 he would park in the spot sometimes, going in face-first. When I needed to park there I would lift the thing so the rear wheel was off the ground and kind of backwards-wheelbarrow the thing up that little ledge and over to the patch of earth on the other side of the stoop. :laugh:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info on the light......I think I need one especially if Eddie approves it!

·
Registered
103 Posts
just ordered my module!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Not a special tail light, but a module which you install in series with your tail light. This module which was previously recommended on the forums. I think it was @eddie who it gave it his endorsement. It has a few different flash patterns you can choose between; I went with flash-steady-flash-steady (stay steady). https://www.customled.com/products/magic-strobes-brake-light-flasher
Thanks for the info on the light......I think I need one especially if Eddie approves it!
Nah.....not sure @eddie likes them, myself!! :grin2::grin2:
Ben

Reactions: eddie

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw that when I ordered mine............Had to get one when you read a review like that!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts