Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I am new to the SCR950 family, I picked mine up a couple weeks ago with the original tires and just can't stand them. I don't plan to spend anytime on the dirt (I live in California's Bay Area) and so after reading other posts on this forum I had thought about getting the Michelin Pilot Activ's. I called into my local shop to order a pair and they told me the Pilot Activ's are being discontinued and replaced with the Road Classic's. I wanted to check in with anyone to see if they have first hand experience with these or perhaps a friend has tried them out, if not I'll just have to report back how they handle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello All! I am new to the SCR950 family, I picked mine up a couple weeks ago with the original tires and just can't stand them. I don't plan to spend anytime on the dirt (I live in California's Bay Area) and so after reading other posts on this forum I had thought about getting the Michelin Pilot Activ's. I called into my local shop to order a pair and they told me the Pilot Activ's are being discontinued and replaced with the Road Classic's. I wanted to check in with anyone to see if they have first hand experience with these or perhaps a friend has tried them out, if not I'll just have to report back how they handle.
I put Michelin anakee 3 on my scr and absolutely love them . They still slightly have the look but are definitely more street.

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
WELCOME! I too switched over to a set of street tires. Guess what? There's really not a noticeable difference on gravel roads. I went with the Michelin Commander lls in the widest size available while keeping the stock height of the tires. I also went with radials front AND rear. No noticeable difference in handling or wear. Good luck! Jevers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,
I don't know if they're available in the US but I replaced the originals (once I realised they were never going to wear out) with Metzler Tourance which cut vibration and noise by around 50%.
The front is a bit narrower which makes turning easier but can feel like it's going to 'drop' into corners. Once aware of this it's no problem.
Best of luck with your quest.
Nev Senior (UK)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.