Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed a couple of rides this weeken, 33miles Saturday and 83 miles today. Of course Sunday started off with a petrol hunt, as the panic buyers had emptied all the local garages on Saturday, but managed to find fuel, with only a 3 car queue, this morning .On the ride it was noticeable that the further away from major routes the more fuel stops were closed....and when one did have fuel there was a tailback of up to 3 miles where waiting customers had blocked the road.

Anyhoo , it was bit grey and showery, but good initial ride through St Leonards Forest near Horsham, then south to Cowfold and the Chalet Cafe
Plant Property Building Tree House

Loved the stacked helmets....
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Trousers Outerwear Vehicle

Then headed west and further south to Whiteways Cafe , near Arundel, a bit showery...Man, don't you hate soggy gloves?
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Then from the South Downs headed up the A29 to the North Downs and Rykas Cafe....
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle Vehicle

For a coffee and a Sausage Bap... seems a bit of a Guzzi day...
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Lots of pretty bikes.... and the sun came out for the ride home!

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Any day is good if it’s a Guzzi day!

I was in town today and heard a bike approaching - it was an 850 Le Mans (don’t know if it was genuine or not - had a V plate on it - 1979?). Anyway, it got stopped at the lights opposite me, so I stood and watched it set off again……sounded amazing……

That scramblerised Yam you took a pic of is very nice - XS650 engine?

I got snapped today too…..no, not by a policeman (I don’t think!), but by a photographer camped outside Squires for their annual show:

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Helmet

The show itself was awful - didn’t stay very long, but hey-ho - nice day to be out on a bike (no rain here!). Saw a new Honda Rebel 1100 there too, much like you did - I’m always surprised how small they are, when you see one in the metal.

Ben

·
Registered
ratSCRambler
19 Posts
@JRX I agree that soggy gloves are awful however still better than soggy socks... Some awesome pics and I love the Guzzi's but that CB900F 🤤!

@SCRBen is it true that the red SCR's are quicker than the other colors!?!? LOL I took a spin on a Rebel 1100 and it rides great plus that 1100 will move that little bike really well.

Cheers
Josh

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I was in town today and heard a bike approaching - it was an 850 Le Mans (don’t know if it was genuine or not - had a V plate on it - 1979?). Anyway, it got stopped at the lights opposite me, so I stood and watched it set off again……sounded amazing……

I got snapped today too…..no, not by a policeman (I don’t think!), but by a photographer camped outside Squires for their annual show:

View attachment 18256

The show itself was awful - didn’t stay very long, but hey-ho - nice day to be out on a bike (no rain here!). Saw a new Honda Rebel 1100 there too, much like you did - I’m always surprised how small they are, when you see one in the metal.

Ben
See, you're so famous you have papparazzi!
re the Yam I thought it was a 650, but Schu will put me to rights if I am wrong,
and yes the Rebel is suprisingly small, looks better with a rider, when parked up it looks broken backed....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@JRX I agree that soggy gloves are awful however still better than soggy socks... Some awesome pics and I love the Guzzi's but that CB900F 🤤!

@SCRBen is it true that the red SCR's are quicker than the other colors!?!? LOL I took a spin on a Rebel 1100 and it rides great plus that 1100 will move that little bike really well.

Cheers
Josh
Cheers back at you, Josh!
I preferred the Scrambler , but have fond memories of the CB900, I had a rally to go to in the late 80's and my XJ900 was off the road waiting for a new front brake disc,
so my mate lent me his CB900 so I could still go!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...also have you noticed the multiple strange Chinese 125's that are appearing? some of them look quite good , although the seem to be stuck in genre mode... royal enfield clone, bobber clone and so on... SCR clone?
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
See, you're so famous you have papparazzi!
re the Yam I thought it was a 650, but Schu will put me to rights if I am wrong,
and yes the Rebel is suprisingly small, looks better with a rider, when parked up it looks broken backed....
Sorry, but I'm no help on the old custom Yamaha XS.
I'm not into the old thumpers.
Just the ring ding 2-strokes.
But I agree that it was a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

View attachment 18256

Ben
Hey Super Mod, that's pretty cool that you found that picture they snapped of you. I had a similar occurrence back in 2012 at a Car Cruise. I stumbled across the photo online a few years later taken by a professional photographer along with many other car shots.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts
Hey Super Mod, that's pretty cool that you found that picture they snapped of you. I had a similar occurrence back in 2012 at a Car Cruise. I stumbled across the photo online a few years later taken by a professional photographer along with many other car shots.
View attachment 18263
That’s not you!! That’s Starsky and Hutch!!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

Reactions: Schu

·
Super Moderator
1,359 Posts

Cheers
Josh
Well…..if this is a quicker one, I’d hate to ride a different colour!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

Reactions: Schu
1 - 11 of 11 Posts