Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
I just added a Vance and Hines slip on to my bike. WOW! I already feel improved power and it sounds so awesome. It is a loud, oh so sweet.
I know where you are coming from! I did the full meal deal ( complete Bassani 2into1 system, Cobra intake and Ivan's reflash). WOWEE!!!!! Night and day difference. I don't really care for loud pipes, but these are growing on me! You went the correct route, BTW, according to Ivan. Stock head pipes with a slip will give you the most power. Enjoy! Jevers

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I know where you are coming from! I did the full meal deal ( complete Bassani 2into1 system, Cobra intake and Ivan's reflash). WOWEE!!!!! Night and day difference. I don't really care for loud pipes, but these are growing on me! You went the correct route, BTW, according to Ivan. Stock head pipes with a slip will give you the most power. Enjoy! Jevers
It's the reflash that's the big hitter on your three upgrades Jay. Although I'm sure the other two items played a role. But the best bang for the buck is Ivan's reflash hands down.

·
Registered
805 Posts
It's the reflash that's the big hitter on your three upgrades Jay. Although I'm sure the other two items played a role. But the best bang for the buck is Ivan's reflash hands down.
I would have to ( and the rest of you should) agree with you, Schu! I got out for a 120 mile ride yesterday. High 40s and full sun. Still a bit chilly, but worth every shiver!🥶 I get a cit-eating-shat grin every time I twist the throttle! I don't think that's ever going to get old. Jevers

·
Registered
21 Posts
....... I get a cit-eating-shat grin every time I twist the throttle! I don't think that's ever going to get old. Jevers
ok, I am convinced I am going to do the reflash and the air intake. I don't want louder pipes (although I would love them...) as I think that ...errr... hmmm..... ok..maybe I will get those too!

·
Registered
805 Posts
ok, I am convinced I am going to do the reflash and the air intake. I don't want louder pipes (although I would love them...) as I think that ...errr... hmmm..... ok..maybe I will get those too!
post #135 of 156 (permalink) Old 07-06-2020, 06:03 PM
[email protected]

Garage
Here is the exhaust / intake option I went with. I think that NOW SHE LOOKS LIKE A DAMNED SEXY BEAST! Notice how much knee room I gained over the Velociraptor. The Cobra is lower and farther forward. It seems to stick out about as far as the horn. There is quite a noticeable increase in POWER. But, she is waaaaaay louder than I had anticipated. No quiet baffle, either. If this is my mid-life crisis, I'm gonna live to be 110 years old! Jevers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 6.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 420.1 KB
ID: 17362 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 5.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 242.0 KB
ID: 17364 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 4.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 276.9 KB
ID: 17366 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 3.jpg
Views: 103
Size: 244.4 KB
ID: 17368 Click image for larger version

Name: Bassani 1.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 167.4 KB
ID: 17370

·
Registered
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the hole saw trick and the sound is great. Not very loud at speed but has a great growl when OTG. This mod is a 10 minute task that is well worth the work.

·
Registered
Yamahahahaha
76 Posts
First time on here, but long time lurker! Hi all!!

I went the Vance and Hines slip on route / Ivan's Flash / Kuryakyn Velociraptor route last year and it's like I've been on a brand new bike since. I don't know why they put a dumb toaster / potato launcher as the original air intake / slip-on, as it was dying for more air & it sounded like a tractor when stock.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.