Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the VO2 intake from Vance Hines. This kit cost something like $180. The milled TB adapter is very nice, But it came with cons. One of the bolts would not thread in (bad cut I think) but my biggest disappointment was that the intake comes with no filter cover. (pic attached). What became more annoying is that cover is sold separately for $80ish! For a piece of metal that should have came with the kit, another $80. So instead of going that route, I whipped one up on my 3D printer. I will paint the lettering but first I want to get a few rides in to confirm the cover can hold up against the heat. Simple PLA (the plastic used) does not become soft until 170C or 338F. I don't think the intake of our engines are seeing anything near that. But I'll find out.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Font Material property Screenshot Circle Electric blue

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I recently purchased the VO2 intake from Vance Hines. This kit cost something like $180. The milled TB adapter is very nice, But it came with cons. One of the bolts would not thread in (bad cut I think) but my biggest disappointment was that the intake comes with no filter cover. (pic attached). What became more annoying is that cover is sold separately for $80ish! For a piece of metal that should have came with the kit, another $80. So instead of going that route, I whipped one up on my 3D printer. I will paint the lettering but first I want to get a few rides in to confirm the cover can hold up against the heat. Simple PLA (the plastic used) does not become soft until 170C or 338F. I don't think the intake of our engines are seeing anything near that. But I'll find out.
View attachment 18673 View attachment 18674

View attachment 18672
That looks cool. I agree that you shouldn’t have heat related problems.
Since you can make our own, I would do one with the text being straight / parallel.
Might like that better than the text on a radius.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Don't like the radius text? I dig it myself. I can alter the cover in any way, I just found this cleaner.
I like the radius text for the SCR, but not for the 950.
But it doesn’t matter what I like. It’s your bike, and that cover is cool.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Reactions: skyshadow07

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Gaiters? Am I missing some kind of British humor?
He's referring to your fork boots. They got kinks in them. It's something that drives me nuts and I typically give people grief about it. You need to pinch and pull the kinks out man.
I no longer have to mention it because someone will pick up on it for me! So there you have it. Now go pinch them gators.

·
Registered
185 Posts
He's referring to your fork boots. They got kinks in them. It's something that drives me nuts and I typically give people grief about it. You need to pinch and pull the kinks out man.
I no longer have to mention it because someone will pick up on it for me! So there you have it. Now go pinch them gators.
🤣🤣🤣

1 - 17 of 17 Posts