Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this out. We had 846 people on the forum at one time, yet we only have 413 total members of which only 311 are active.

Come on people, join the group. We need fresh ideas, new stories, and more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awwww crap! What if I don't have a cat? Can I post a pic of my " pet " SCR? Not trying to hijack your thread. Jevers
I don't have a cat either, so here's a picture of my favorite bird, the Shoebill Stork!

Bill Schu

Attachments

Reactions: eddie

·
Registered
884 Posts
Here's my $700 Craigslist find. $350 & quite few hours later, I have a very nice bike! Jevers Again,
NO cat! View attachment 16308
CONGRATULATIONS!!
A 1990 PC800? Wow!. :grin2:
I bought a leftover 96' new in 1998 for $6000 out the door and loved it!

Things to look for:
The stator is a when, not if replacement on higher mile, pre-mid 1994 PCs. A new part # after meant they fixed that.
Also, the clutch springs aren't the strongest.
Come plate replacement time, it's a worthy upgrade.
If you smell gas occasionally, the automatic fuel cutoff diaphragm is likely leaking. It lives just ahead of the fuel door up under that top cover. Find a cheap rebuild kit for a CB650(?) petcock, swap in the diaphragm and new spring - problem solved.
General stuff? It responds really well to a set of Progressive fork springs, shocks and maybe raising the forks 10mm in the clamps - all relatively inexpensive changes.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts