Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings and Salutations fellow SCR950 enthusiasts.

Im Heady. I live in the heart of good ol' Pennsyltuckey. Been riding about 20ish years now, Been slanging motorcycles for Honda, BMW, Triumph, The Bar and Shield, and briefly the ridiculous Big Dog Motorcycles, for about 15 years. This is my 3rd Yamaha. Im pretty smitten with the old girl. I bought her with a salvage title. She was in rough shape when I found her. Put some band-aids on her tank and strapped a new head light to her forks and shes legalish. Shell be a work in progress as I slowly prep to do an East Coast BDR run. Or at least the leg south of me. I've only had her since November and haven't had too many decent rides on her yet. But we'll get there.
Thanks for having me. I look forward to mixing it up on here with you fellas. It already seems much more of a mellow place than the FB groups. Anyways. See ya out there.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Welcome aboard.
I'm thinking all of that probably happened because the front fender was backwards.
But you might be onto something there with the strap on headlight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was super stoked to find it. Threw a 9k Lumen LED bulb in it. I had to space it out with a mini Bic to aim the headlight so I wasn't just illuminating the trees. But now it's working out. I'd like to replace the rubber straps with some tasteful leather at some point. But for $80 bucks I can't complain. It's the most expensive thing I've had to add/replace yet. The stock turn signal is going to cost me that alone...

Replaced the bent handlebars and put new grips on. Cheap steal high dirt bike bars. Put a mirror from a Grom on them. A pair of Vans Grips and good as new.

Also on the hunt for the right bags. I'll be getting one of Krixtoph's most likely. Not the exact look I want to go for, but the practicality of it is tipping the scale to it a good bit. I have seen a few other inexpensive options I would have to modify a bit. I'm still way up in the air on it.

Then there's the seat conundrum. So many choices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I could afford an R nine T I wouldn't be in this Yamaha mess...

So to answer your question, no. Unfortunately.
They just shared a ride home from the same shop in the back of a truck.

The 9T is my dream EDR. Its the most fun motorcycle I have ever ridden.

Also...this...

·
Super Moderator
1,364 Posts
If I could afford an R nine T I wouldn't be in this Yamaha mess...

So to answer your question, no. Unfortunately.
They just shared a ride home from the same shop in the back of a truck.

The 9T is my dream EDR. Its the most fun motorcycle I have ever ridden.

Also...this...

My god - that looks like an @srinath home-brew special!! :nerd:
Ben

·
Registered
252 Posts
...on the hunt for the right bags. I'll be getting one of Krixtoph's most likely. Not the exact look I want to go for, but the practicality of it is tipping the scale to it a good bit.
I do all sorts of custom work, and would be happy to work with you on modifying one of the bags I've created for the SCR950 (the halfbag also fits a Bonneville T-100... sorta). Hit me up through my shop if you're ever interested.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A two-wheeled cager! What will they think of next?
I think it looks like a whisk.

Maybe that's what he calls his custom ride.

The Whisk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has been dubbed by the internet "The Most Hated Motorcycle in the World"
AKA "The Flying Shopping Cart"

In reality, it's an exercise in Postapocalyptic Bosozoku.

It's a polarizing machine, to say the least, but I absolutely love it.

They are pretty untouchable as far as custom builders go in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

I have an obsession with outlaw motorcycle culture.
All of it.
From our 1%ers to Ton-Up Boys to the Bosozoku to the Twelve Oclock Boys to The Hard Mods and Skins, all of it.
I find the similarities as fascinating as to how different each culture is.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts