Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I miss my hinged gas cap from my old Virago. I like to fill up without getting off the bike. I now have two nice scuff marks on the top of my wonderful SHOEI helmet from bumping my head on the gas pump as I lean over to set my gas cap on the ground. Yes, I did it twice.
Where do you stash your cap as you pump gas?

Reactions: eddie

·
Registered
884 Posts
I take one glove and put it atop the gas pump, remove the fuel cap and carefully place it upside down on the glove.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I miss my hinged gas cap from my old Virago. I like to fill up without getting off the bike. I now have two nice scuff marks on the top of my wonderful SHOEI helmet from bumping my head on the gas pump as I lean over to set my gas cap on the ground. Yes, I did it twice.
Since I haven't changed out my air filter, I use it's massive surface area to place my gas cap.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You know the huge air cleaner doesn't bother me after coming from the Virago that had one of those knorbs sticking out of each side. As a matter of fact, my left knee feels awkward without having that anchor point.

Reactions: yoitsemo

·
Registered
687 Posts
Its like the frog in tepid water slowly brought to a boil metaphor...it's funny how we get used to things and then wouldn't have them any other way...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I take one glove and put it atop the gas pump, remove the fuel cap and carefully place it upside down on the glove.
Respect! That's a good old trick. I've been filling up my bike like this since I was born. It's actually funny that you don't pay attention to such little things:)

·
Registered
687 Posts
So here's the thing, I already have one motorcycle that I'm ridiculously fussy with. I swore when I bought the SCR I wasn't going to be that way with this one...

·
Registered
34 Posts
In California we have the vapor lock thing on all the gas pumps so I usually have to hold it back a little to get it to engage and pump gas. I just hold my gas cap in that hand with two fingers under the vapor lock. Never had any problems with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts