Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.... Looks like my scr is going to hibernate for 4 months or so. Unless I get any days over the winter that are close to50 deg... Im about done. In northern illinois here so its going to prob sit now until spring. How about everyone else. What temp do you ride in until it gets too cold?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Mine is parked as well. I will ride pretty much any temperature as long as there is no snow or risk of ice. That said, it's not much fun below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. These days we just need more snow to get the sleds out. It's a blast with lots of snow!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have heated gear so not really a limit. rode to work this morning 30 degrees :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Low 40's this morning for me but luckily it's only a 30min commute to work. I've got the Icon DKR jacket so I close up all the vents and wear either a sweater or flannel underneath. Some thermals under my pants that are tucked into my socks. Boots and full face helmet do a good job keeping those areas protected, but I've got the leather perforated gloves that are not cutting it. Will definitely switch them out for a pair of winter gloves in the next month or two and also pick up a scarf or something similar.

Early next year I'll be seeing some mornings that are in the mid-high 20's and I'm not looking forward to it, but it's FL so layering usually takes care of most problems.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rode 70 miles this morning when it was 36 degrees to pickup a special parts order. First thing I did getting home was to re-install Yamaha’s Adventure quick-release windshield I removed last spring. It certainly helps cut down the wind chill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts