Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the title says it all, but I was wondering about this after I just completed my longest round trip in one day.

While I'm doing about 75 miles daily for work, this weekend I had a job in Orlando, FL that was 120 miles one way. I wanted to save on gas and not pay tolls so decided I'd take the SCR down the back roads and did the whole stretch of the Ocala National Forest and a suffered through a relentless amount of red lights on SR 441 (s/o to a Tom Petty fans).

All in all I spent about 6 hours of the day on the original saddle and completed 240 miles by night fall.

So I'm curious, what's your furthest trip or one you're planning?

Cheers,
Evan

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Furthest one-day SCR distance? Yorkshire to Folkestone, via the Ace Cafe for lunch, en route to the Black Forest in Germany - 275 miles (according to Google). Pretty mundane though - motorway all the way. Your trip sounds better, even with all the red lights......😝

I had a 220 mile today, actually - went to meet my mate (and see his new BMW S1000RR) by the seaside in Skeg-Vegas (aka Skegness).....to help our American friends picture it, think Atlantic City after the apocalypse......

Longest one-day trip ever? 735 miles from Clermont-Ferrand in central France, back to Yorkshire in the U.K. Mind you, that was on the beast that was the Honda CB1300 👊

Ben

· Registered
45 Posts
Furthest one-day SCR distance? Yorkshire to Folkestone, via the Ace Cafe for lunch, en route to the Black Forest in Germany - 275 miles (according to Google). Pretty mundane though - motorway all the way. Your trip sounds better, even with all the red lights......😝

I had a 220 mile today, actually - went to meet my mate (and see his new BMW S1000RR) by the seaside in Skeg-Vegas (aka Skegness).....to help our American friends picture it, think Atlantic City after the apocalypse......

Longest one-day trip ever? 735 miles from Clermont-Ferrand in central France, back to Yorkshire in the U.K. Mind you, that was on the beast that was the Honda CB1300 👊

Ben

View attachment 18018

View attachment 18019

View attachment 18020
[/QUOTE
Well the title says it all, but I was wondering about this after I just completed my longest round trip in one day.

While I'm doing about 75 miles daily for work, this weekend I had a job in Orlando, FL that was 120 miles one way. I wanted to save on gas and not pay tolls so decided I'd take the SCR down the back roads and did the whole stretch of the Ocala National Forest and a suffered through a relentless amount of red lights on SR 441 (s/o to a Tom Petty fans).

All in all I spent about 6 hours of the day on the original saddle and completed 240 miles by night fall.

Cheers,
Evan
longest trip 155 miles through dutchess county ny and the berkshires in New England , most butiefull ride ever

· Registered
1,417 Posts

Ben

View attachment 18018

View attachment 18019

View attachment 18020
Ben your bike looks great, but you really need to blackout that skid plate. Especially with your U.K. black rims on the wheels. I sprayed mine with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. It's tough as nails and has held up well.

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
Ben your bike looks great, but you really need to blackout that skid plate. Especially with your U.K. black rims on the wheels. I sprayed mine with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating. It's tough as nails and has held up well.
View attachment 18021
Nah, I like the contrast, and it matches the heat shields etc. Your bike looks good too tho 👍

Ben

Reactions: Schu

· Registered
1,417 Posts
Nah, I like the contrast, and it matches the heat shields etc. Your bike looks good too tho 👍

Ben
If contrast is what you wanted, then that stock aluminum (aluminium) nails it. I felt it was too much contrast, to the point of being the first thing that draws your attention. That's what's so great about this hobby. Everybody creates their own look. Remember the look from srinath or whatever his name was? He UnBoLteD his SCR.

· Super Moderator
1,480 Posts
If contrast is what you wanted, then that stock aluminum (aluminium) nails it. I felt it was too much contrast, to the point of being the first thing that draws your attention. That's what's so great about this hobby. Everybody creates their own look. Remember the look from srinath or whatever his name was? He UnBoLteD his SCR.
Lol, yeah......”hacked it to pieces”, more like. He’s still active over on the Bolt forum......

Hey, I went out today, and am now only about 8 miles short of the big 10,000......

I know it’s nowhere near that of the OP, @yoitsemo, but still......I live in a much smaller country!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Peace out.

Ben

· Registered
41 Posts
longest trip 155 miles through dutchess county ny and the berkshires in New England , most butiefull ride ever
I did bang on 200 miles the other weekend through Shropshire and Wales, taking in Lake Balla. Some fantastic roads and seenry,

Attachments

· Registered
Yamahahahaha
93 Posts

Cheers,
Evan
My longest 1 day ride on the SCR was 430 miles from Redding, CA up to home/Portland, Oregon. We rode through some intense smoke from the wildfires which caused about 150 miles worth of headaches, but the ride itself was great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.