Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

Wheel alignment and drive belt tension

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SCRBen 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I'm new here. And I know there are probably a bunch of posts about this very topic but reading through some of them I realize I'm still missing seemingly common knowledge. I just got 2 new tires on my scr950 and I have them set back up. I know nothing really about how to adjust the rear wheel to be aligned and to properly set the belt tension. I'm really trying to get the bike don't by Saturday so I can take it on maybe a 120 mile road trip. I guess I'm starting from scratch and looking for help.

-Ps67

#2 ·
Hello guys, I'm new here. And I know there are probably a bunch of posts about this very topic but reading through some of them I realize I'm still missing seemingly common knowledge. I just got 2 new tires on my scr950 and I have them set back up. I know nothing really about how to adjust the rear wheel to be aligned and to properly set the belt tension. I'm really trying to get the bike don't by Saturday so I can take it on maybe a 120 mile road trip. I guess I'm starting from scratch and looking for help.

-Ps67
Hopefully you can see the manual via this link:

Page 7-23 you need.

And welcome, BTW

Ben

#3 ·
Oh yes.....it’s 10 lb of pressure you want to be applying to the belt to measure deflection accurately......we’ve discussed that previously too:

Cheers,

Ben

#4 ·
Do you need to know the marks on the belt slack hole on belt guard. I get that that does not really make sense but what are the measurements in that hole? And when im adjusting the belt slack and rear wheel alignment do I do the belt slack first or the rear wheel straight? Can I use a tape measure for to get it straight?

#5 ·
Wish I could be helpful on this matter but I'm a newbie on this. Having owned BMW f800s and f800gt I'm a big fan of belt drive on my daily all weather ride, but the Beemer was single side swingarm and when removing wheel the belt was untouched. This week I had a new rear tyre fitted I was not present when this was done but belt was as left it, my fitter did not even mention it, so I presume he just did opposite of removal.
Beemer belt was 4 years or 24 thousand miles no adjustment needed some riders did 40 thousand miles plus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.