Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime after I bought a house with no garage, I decided to get back into motorcycling. Since I had no garage, I built a small workshop that had room to park a bike. Eventually, I built an addition to store a second bike. This has worked out well for me. The SCR is in the R.H. side and my FJR1300 is in the L.H. side. How do you store your machines?

Property Wood Door Fixture Tree
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sometime after I bought a house with no garage, I decided to get back into motorcycling. Since I had no garage, I built a small workshop that had room to park a bike. Eventually, I built an addition to store a second bike. This has worked out well for me. The SCR is in the R.H. side and my FJR1300 is in the L.H. side. How do you store your machines?

View attachment 18393 View attachment 18392 View attachment 18394
Nice work bro. (y)
n

Very nice! Perfect setup you got there.
My SCR is covered and squeezed in behind a car in my attached garage, and the rest of the herd was relinquished to the pole barn for the winter.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Snow
Wood Bed frame Floor Cabinetry Hardwood
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Plastic bottle

Reactions: Bobcat

·
Registered
120 Posts

Tell us more about the top case and how that's mounted please ...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell us more about the top case and how that's mounted please ...
The top case is on the Yamaha FJR1300. I bought a SW Motech rear rack for the FJR and mounted a Coocase top case that I previously had on my Suzuki Bandit. Top cases may look dorky but they are very convenient on a bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The top case is on the Yamaha FJR1300. I bought a SW Motech rear rack for the FJR and mounted a Coocase top case that I previously had on my Suzuki Bandit. Top cases may look dorky but they are very convenient on a bike.
Ok, thought it might've been on the Scrambler. Yes, the top cases may appear to be dorky, but are sooooo useful! Have had lots of bikes, and a top case on most. Of course you may have to somehow alter the laws of physics to mount one on an SCR in a reasonable fashion, lol. Have been on the road a lot for work over the years (and riding) and have found top cases to be indispensable. Thanks for sharing info pal.

·
Registered
161 Posts

[You are lucky, no garage, no room except for below,the beast isrestrained and lives at the side of the house ,under a cover....
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts