Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am looking at purchasing a 2017 950 SCR but I want to change out the handlebars. what size are the stock handlebars? 1 inch? 1 inch that tapers at the end?
Just measured my stock bars at 7/8" diameter with no noticeable taper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Why are you looking to change them?
Taller guys might need something higher.
At 6' 2"" I can just about live with them before back ache sets in at around 100 miles or so.
Shorter guys will have their own take.
Narrower ones would make filtering easier I suppose but what about the bike's overall character?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put 2 inch lower bars on mine, that's what I find comfy and im 5'10". Being leaned a head just a hair is best for riding at speed, there's no weight/strain on my arms at speed at all, being straight up and down causes you to strain a little to hold yourself on the bike as the wind pushes on you.
I run tall bars on my dual sports so I can stand pretty much straight up while blasting down dirt roads, I dont stand up on the scr so I dont need/want tall bars on it.
If I didnt tell you they were not the sock bars you'd have to know scr950's really well to notice I changed em. My bars are black now, I think they look even better this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.