Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks real good. Does the shape of the windscreen help with the wind on the chest?
It actually does, not completely though but it’s enough to allow me to ride without getting too fatigue. I also noticed that I pick up speed a lot quicker in addition to reduced handlebar vibration at speed of 70-85+

And a full face helmet is a must unless you want redirected wind blasting you in the face. I wear a full face helmet with earplugs so the extra noise and wind doesn’t bother me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I only need brake lines and new pads, a Koso meter, adv foot pegs, and a seat concept and I’m pretty much done with the vision I have for this bike until somebody makes a chain conversion.

You would think a chain conversion kit would be available for the bolt by now

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot, this is my mirror setup. I couldn’t stand the stock mirrors cuz all I could see was my shoulders and the vibration at speed made them useless.

I played around with the position of the new mirror and I like where it’s at for the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This bike might not necessarily meet the criteria as a scrambler in the modern age of scrambler motorcycles, but I think it’s the best scrambler in comparison to its competitors.

It has the looks, simplicity, Yamaha’s infamous reliability, and the performance I’m looking for in a bike.

My mission is to ride the **** outta this bike and get it to 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I only need brake lines and new pads, a Koso meter, adv foot pegs, and a seat concept and I’m pretty much done with the vision I have for this bike...
I never upgraded the brakes so I can't say much about that, but I can confirm the rest of these mods will be a quality of life improvement. Your shins will thank you for the new footpegs, and your tailbone will sing your praise for getting a seat that's not a 2x4 plank. That koso meter is a game changer, too. I love being able to see my current gear, rpm's, voltage, and digital speedometer. It took a little futzing around to dial in, but search the forum and you'll find some good advice on how to get it working right in no time.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I never upgraded the brakes so I can't say much about that, but I can confirm the rest of these mods will be a quality of life improvement. Your shins will thank you for the new footpegs, and your tailbone will sing your praise for getting a seat that's not a 2x4 plank. That koso meter is a game changer, too. I love being able to see my current gear, rpm's, voltage, and digital speedometer. It took a little futzing around to dial in, but search the forum and you'll find some good advice on how to get it working right in no time.

Enjoy the ride!
Those foot pegs are a must for my poor shins definitely lol

Do you have pictures of your bike with the koso meter? I’m thinking of getting the silver for some contrast

1 - 14 of 14 Posts