Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time no post, but I recently got this letter in the mail.

Last time I was around I was considering the possibility of parting with my SCR, but since then I've given up the idea and have been loving my 37mi commute to work all down county roads.

Hope everyone has been doing well.
Font Parallel Rectangle Plant Commemorative plaque

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Last time I was around I was considering the possibility of parting with my SCR, but since then I've given up the idea and have been loving my 37mi commute to work all down county roads.

Hope everyone has been doing well. View attachment 18016 View attachment 18016
Man it's good to hear from you again. You are the forum Road Warrior with nearly five times the amount of miles I have on mine. That letter is interesting, but I question if it isn't simply a sales tool. Do you really think there is a high demand for the SCR? We will see how quickly Charles is able to sell his SCR.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts

Wow - I thought it would be 20-30 years before anyone produced a letter like that re the SCR!! :ROFLMAO:

Ben

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man it's good to hear from you again. You are the forum Road Warrior with nearly five times the amount of miles I have on mine. That letter is interesting, but I question if it isn't simply a sales tool. Do you really think there is a high demand for the SCR? We will see how quickly Charles is able to sell his SCR.
Hey Schu, great to hear from you, too! I think we estimated only around 5-7k bikes were ever produced with less than 2000 being sold in N. America? I might be wrong on some of the numbers but unless there's been some viral video that has piqued people's interest I don't know why they would be in high demand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Schu, great to hear from you, too! I think we estimated only around 5-7k bikes were ever produced with less than 2000 being sold in N. America? I might be wrong on some of the numbers but unless there's been some viral video that has piqued people's interest I don't know why they would be in high demand.
Perhaps To compete with Harley coming into the adventure bike scene.. Also, rumor has it there will be a Sportster Desert option as well. To compete with triumph and ducati.. And who knows what Buell has lined up in their return in a couple years.. Im seeing more and more retro 70s hitting the streets, I'd guess the dealer did a good job with speculation.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I think sales tactic, I received the exact same letter, from the same dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts