Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe if I sell my pickup truck I will stop rescuing these old Yamahas. This one must've been someone's art project, obviously painted up in the colors of the mid 90s with seat foam carved from an old sofa.

The reason it came home with me is that it really runs strong and has a lot of good parts that are not so good on my previous JT60 purchase. So between these two little mini enduros I hope to produce one nice candidate for my collection over the winter months.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Maybe if I sell my pickup truck I will stop rescuing these old Yamahas. This one must've been someone's art project, obviously painted up in the colors of the mid 90s with seat foam carved from an old sofa.

The reason it came home with me is that it really runs strong and has a lot of good parts that are not so good on my previous JT60 purchase. So between these two little mini enduros I hope to produce one nice candidate for my collection over the winter months.
Nice score, Schu! You Youpers know how to pick em!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayward Enduro

I took in another wayward Enduro to my Yamaha Rescue Shelter. It's a 1971 CT175. Most of my Enduros are mid 70s with very few of the earlier badge bikes. So I couldn't let this one get away. Got it for $450. The seller was probably about 35 years old. Said it was his dad's bike and his dad had passed away a few years ago. The bike was kept at their cottage in northern Michigan. At one point the bike was stolen from the storage shed. The police found it laying in a roadside ditch. Most likely some young troublemakers joy riding till it ran out of gas. His father was so angry that he stashed the bike in the basement of the cottage for safe keeping. That was well over 15 years ago. The son dragged it out of the basement and brought it home to sell as is, not running, and still hot wired from the thieves. He got a little emotional as we were loading it in the truck, but said his father would be glad that it was going to someone like me that will truly appreciate it. I plan to keep it simple on this one.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts