Yamaha SCR950 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh yea 29th September 2018, I ran over 3000 miles.
I bought it on July 28th 2018, with 1 mile, and at 2 months I've got 3000. Is that the most miles anyone has put on it in 2 months ?
Seriously I anticipated being 1/2 this many because I was using this as a commuter for several months, so I anticipated 7-800 a month.

Anyway, Its been a blast.

Do any high mile bikes have any problems - Transmission feels a little notchy in the last 100 or so miles, I am doing 2nd oil change tomorrow. Its a bit like change the oil … it may not solve the problem, but it sure ends the mystery.
Has anyone ever adjusted this things belt ??? It seems perfect to me.
The SCR bars - man those bars - can not imagine why Yamaha wont slap this on anything and everything they make. I would say these are horizontal ape hangers. I love them on highway runs, I love em on commute runs, I love em picking it off the stand, I love em muscling it around in the yard.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
Oh yea 29th September 2018, I ran over 3000 miles.
I bought it on July 28th 2018, with 1 mile, and at 2 months I've got 3000. Is that the most miles anyone has put on it in 2 months ?
Seriously I anticipated being 1/2 this many because I was using this as a commuter for several months, so I anticipated 7-800 a month.

Anyway, Its been a blast.

Do any high mile bikes have any problems - Transmission feels a little notchy in the last 100 or so miles, I am doing 2nd oil change tomorrow. Its a bit like change the oil … it may not solve the problem, but it sure ends the mystery.
Has anyone ever adjusted this things belt ??? It seems perfect to me.
The SCR bars - man those bars - can not imagine why Yamaha wont slap this on anything and everything they make. I would say these are horizontal ape hangers. I love them on highway runs, I love em on commute runs, I love em picking it off the stand, I love em muscling it around in the yard.
Have you adjusted your clutch cable? Not that it’s hard like.....Definitely achieve better/smoother changes when I pull the lever almost all the way back to the bar (and pre-load the shift lever slightly).

Re belt - only once, when I got a rear puncture. Checked it a few times since tho, and all seems dandy.

Bars - agreed. Love em. I’ve swapped for Renthals, but only so I could fit bar end mirrors. They are almost identical to stock tho - just slightly wider.
Ben

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm at 14k and have no problems to report. Oil/filter changes every 4k, new tires at 10k, and new rear brake pads earlier this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm at 7500 miles just under 6 months. Haven't had any issues but I'm thinking it might be time to tighten the clutch cable a little bit. Haven't had any issues with the belt. I love the bars too. I have an old Savage that I picked up to work on and I think I'm gonna put these type bars on it (but need 1 inch for the Savage) and turn it into a bobber/scrambler type bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I'll look at the clutch tomorrow. It started getting notchy more in the last 20-30 miles actually of a 100+ mile ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts